I am getting a white peachick!! Edit: White peachick pictures!

MinxFox

Crowing
9 Years
Sep 16, 2010
Pensacola, FL
Okay so my mom, dad, and I have all been saying how we want a white peafowl. We were talking about how cool it would be to have a white peachick. Well my dad has a friend who has two free-ranging peacocks and his wife called out of the blue and said she has a friend that hatched out some white peachicks and would give us one for free! She didn't even know we wanted a white peachick she just randomly called! Better yet the chicks are about the same age as my peachick Peep (about 5 weeks), so it would make a good friend for him.

We are not sure if we want a male or a female...A female could be mated to our pied male for pied and white chicks, but a white peacock is just soooo beautiful...Although I probably need another female...

We get to go pick out the one we want in a few days and I was wondering what to look for. I know whites are hard to sex, but since there are several all the same age I guess I just can assume the bigger ones are males and the smaller ones are female. The only time I got to pick the peafowl I wanted when there were several of the same kind was with Alto, and that turned out great because I LOVE him so I guess I should just not worry. I am really excited for Peep to have a friend, I didn't want him to be afraid of peafowl.

Last edited:
yes if all the same age the tallest should be males, but only 5 week may still be little early, to even sex that way.....wish you did live so far, have a few white breeding age hens.

Hmm, well if worse comes to worse if we get one and it turns out to be a male we can always get a white peahen for him when he is three.
smile.png

Yes we were wanting a white out of our pieds, but Dragon is losing his train and I think Damsel is done laying this year.

ya.gif
ya.gif

I am getting some whites also, one thing i learned it is much easer to spot my peas from a distance with a white one in the bunch so i decided to get some more.

*grins* I think whatever you get, boy or girl, you're going to love it. How can you not love peas! XD It's so easy to get attached.

congrats little blue just loves her white 2 the chicks she are keeping this year are whites.she loves all colors in white eyes so keeping alot of whites around.lolyes i would look for the tallest.can you vent sex peafowl like chickens?

I have always loved the whites... congratulations! I am by no means an expert, but maybe look for the one with the longest legs?

Quote:
No you cannot and you can injure the birds rather seriously trying. The sex organs are located too far inside the body cavity.

Back
Top Bottom