I am going to kill this fox !

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by hcammack, Jan 22, 2009.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I am going to strange this fox with my bare hands. Tomorrow someone is coming to help me build some runs for the birds but until then they are out and free ranging. I have lost 1 pullet and a hen to a known fox attack and one of my wellsummers was slightly injured I could just scream this month has been such a bad month for birds!!! I want a freakin LGD so bad these bassets are not doing their job! I am just so angry it was 15 minuets after dark when my Wellie pullet was taken right out of the coop I was on my way out to lock the coop up. I will be there when the sun sets tonight!!!!! [​IMG]

end of rant

I may be getting two ameraucana pullets and another welsummer or Marans from Will Marrow all depends on what he has I am not sure when or if I can make it out but I sure hope so. He is just selling me the birds as layers as they aren't breeder quality maybe the ameraucanas will be though not sure. I know he is not making any other sales right now though [​IMG]

Henry

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  2. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    I'm sorry Henry! It's so frustrating I am sure. That fox will keep coming back too.

3. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:I am going to try and do something permanant about it tonight [​IMG] I don't want to but I have to this is just crazy I have a pellet and airsoft gun and I am going to chase him with my mini pack or hounds.

4. Shanay235

Shanay235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    WV
    You'll have to be careful through the daylight hours to. I've got two foxes, looks like a breeding pair, coming around every other day between noon - 4p.m., trying to find a way into my pond enclosure.

This is the 3rd year in a row I've seen them do this. So far (knock on wood) they haven't managed to find a way in.

5. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Thanks I am usually around outside during the day he did run through one afternoon though so I will go check again right now [​IMG] I am just mad and really am tired of these foxes I live in the suburbs 10 minuets from a major city!!!!

6. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    This is off topic but, Henry, I have a question. You have really nice housing, and seem to to spend a lot of time with your birds. Why don't you get some top quality breeding stock of you favorite breed and and have something besides just egg producers?

7. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:LOL some times I ask myself the same thing [​IMG] I am usually at school I am only in high school and will be moving to college soon. This week I have off as I am going to Vermont for the next semester. Also its hard to pick a breed [​IMG] I am developing a great flock of blue and black Ameraucana. I have a very nice blue cockeral from Will Marrow. I live in the suburbs and I may not be able to keep a rooster if my neighbors complain. If I am able to keep him I will also be working on olive egg laying EE's by crossing my Ameraucana rooster with my dark egg laying hens ( Cuckoo Marans, blue and black coppers, and welsummers). I will most likely breed three varities as well as have a laying flock when I get my own farm. I want to have breeding flocks of Blue Copper Marans, Faverolles, and Ameraucana. I can't wait to start my own farm [​IMG]

8. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Have you ever SEEN a curb stomping? They're pretty disgusting and violent to the point you'd want to hurl. Maybe you should change the thread title.

9. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Sorry I am just kidding around no I have not seen a curb stomping

10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:I think Henry would be glad to! [​IMG] One of these days he will!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by