***I am going to lose my mind...***UPDATE***

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by WindDancer, Nov 22, 2009.

1. WindDancer

WindDancer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Farmer City, IL
    Ok so, besides our chickens and rabbits we have 2 dogs, a cat, 2 guinea pigs, a quaker parrot and 3 hedgehogs, one of which is blind... well, sometime between thursday 8 pm and Friday 8 am, Satinka (blind, albino hedgehog) escaped from her cage. I have turned this house upside down looking for her..... this is going on 3 days missing now and I am beginning to get really worried (not that I wasnt before). If she gets cold, she'll try to hybernate and if she does, she'll DIE!!! I have tried everything I can think of to find her and I am now going crazy. I havent slept much all weekend and migraines are killing me... I am so grouchy right now and I hate it..

I have an old farm house with many nooks and cranies to hide in and I am so afraid that she's lost forever..... Ahhhhh [​IMG]

I am in need of some prayers, happy thought ... anything you got right now...

I'm gonna go and look somemore...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Once the syrian hamster we had got loose and enjoyed 24 hours of living under our couch. Ds found her buy putting food on the fire place, and waiting for her to come and eat.

Hope you find the little one soon!

3. DAFox

DAFox Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2009
    SW MO in Vernon Co
    Our cats are outside all day, but come in at night. When one doesn't show up on time to come in, I get really worried. So, I can guess how you must be feeling.
    I don't know anything about hedgehogs, but, if I was a blind animal, I think I'd go towards the smell of food. Try putting food out in several places.
    If you can, try to get and keep your house really warm, even and especially the basement if you have one.
    Is there any chance she might have gotten outside?
    Good luck,
    Dale-Ann

4. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Is there any way you can use the dogs to locate her? I had a shelti years ago that I couod send on 'search missions' to locate misplaced pets. Once the dog figures out what you're looking for, they can usually do a great job,. They are better equipped to locate small animals than we are.
    Best wishes for a fast and uneventful return!

5. WindDancer

WindDancer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Farmer City, IL
    I have had food placed out since I noticed her gone. This is now day 4... I keep searching and hunting but still nothing. I have had my dogs look and even my cat all of which have found critters for me before! I am still looking for her!

Fingers crossed all ends well....

6. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have Parrotlets, which are tiny parrots. One time one flew off his play gym and I couldn't find him for hours! Finally, I noticed him sitting in the trash can, not making a sound, just waiting to be found!

7. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I hope you find your baby soon

8. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    We used to raise guinea pigs when I was a kid. Whenever anybody got loose in the house, it seemed that they always got under the couch and hid inside it.

9. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I'm with horsejody. Every small creature and some cats seem to be able to crawl inside furniture. I would check anything upholstered, box springs and under dressers. As small as hedgehogs are they can also get behind things that we might think are flush to the wall.

Good luck finding your critter.

10. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Add me to the critters in the couch brigade: we had a guinea pig in one for almost a week. We looked everywhere and it wasn't coming out for food bait..... finally one of the kids was jumping on the sofa when they heard a pitiful squeak. He had gotten inside the frame and apparently could not figure out how to get out. I have no idea how he survived without water for that long. And he never seemed quite right in the head after.... [​IMG]

We also had a kitten in one once but that was only a few hours when it started to howl!

Hope you find your baby.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by