i am gonna GET those ladies at my post office!!! UGH!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sdshoars, Oct 28, 2008.

1. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    those hussies (excuse me) at my post office think they run your life!!!! they close the door to the help desk from 10-11, 12-1 and close for good at 4:30 and they WILL NOT give you your packages on saturday, AT ALL!!! and when their door is closed, they will not even measure postage for you!!! I AM SO MADDDD!!! i am researching on usps.com... i am gonna report them! they also have a sign up in th PO that says the hours they are closed, and i am gonna take a picture of it for evidence.... that oughta teach them to withhold MY mail!!!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I won't do any good. I too was held hostage by the post office. I used to live where there was no mail delivery and the post office was open from 10-4. M-F. 10-12 on Saturday. Not a lot of time to get packages!!!! And the post office only employed 2 people. It was a mess all the time.

3. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Same situation here, no mail delivery, small town and we all get our mail at the post office. Monday through Friday its open reasonable hours but it closes at 9:30 on Saturday. Open a whole hour and a half....

4. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    WHAT??? on usps.com it says service hours may vary... it says 8:30-1, and 1:30 to 4:30, closed saturday. can they do that?!?!

i also found this on usps.com, which to me says they have to be open at least on saturday

The United States Postal Service has no plans to reduce the frequency of mail delivery or the number of days that post offices are open. Public law prohibits the Postal Service from taking any action to reduce or to plan to reduce the number of days each week for regular mail delivery. Congress routinely directs the Postal Service to maintain a six-day delivery of mail. This is a legal constraint and binding on the Postal Service.

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Boy that sucks. Guess that's one nice thing about cities. If one post office is mean, just drive a mile or two in any direction and go use the other one...

6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I'm so confused by your post.

Some small town p.o's are not open on Saturdays, though. I do know that.

The thing you noted is b/c there is a rumor that they are going to suspend mail delivery (i.e carriers bringing mail to boxes) on Saturdays.

If the door is closed, I'd imagine they are on breaks, etc. so it would make sense not to weigh your packages during that time.

The rest, hours, etc., I'm confused on. It does vary with each P.O, though.

7. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    You might have a better chance if you contact your congressman/woman and have them check it out.

8. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    yeah, they have to DELIVER for 6 days of the week, but they don't have to accept mail on all six days! Which is poop, cause if the mail delivers to my mailbox on sat and I have something in there outgoing they'll take it. It's that whole thing about how they don't have clocks in there either, I heard they did that to focus people's attention on service quality rather than the length of time it was taking to get said service. I don't like them, not even a little. Some of the people who work there are nice, but others are just crabby, and I know they deal with irate people all the time but people wouldn't be irate if the big bosses would improve service!!!

BTW, a side note: our mail carrier apparently had to pee when she got to our street, so got out and peed in the bushes next to our house. True story, I couldn't believe it!!! Oh, and there's a gas station three minutes down the road....

9. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Don't have clocks in where? That's a new one on me, but we have clocks in various places in our office. If we take your mail out of your box on Saturday (at least at our office), it goes out at 5 that night on the truck.

10. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] PO can be frustrating sometimes!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by