I am happy again! Setting eggs today 7/25/2011

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Avalon1984, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    I just had to say that...I WILL BE INCUBATING AGAIN MONDAY [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Anybody want to join me?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  2. 1AcreRooster

1AcreRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

I am happy too, just set last night [​IMG]

3. Avalon1984

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Yeah [​IMG] What did you set? I will be doing Salmon Faverolle mixes along with some of my own Leghorn mixes [​IMG]

4. 1AcreRooster

I set 15 RIR x Delaware and one mystery green egg, will add 8 more x's today.
    [​IMG]

5. Avalon1984

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Cool! That sounds like there will be some very cute babies. Are you shooting for red sexlinks with the RIRX Delaware mixes? My mixes will be Salmon Faverolle with: Silkie, BCM, BR, EE and Australorp. I hatched those earlier this year and the chicks are very cute and quite hardy so I decided to buy those eggs again. Here is the last generation all clustered in a corner of the brooder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. 1AcreRooster

No, not sex links the daddy is the Deleware, not quite sure what they're gonna look like. Probably will take after the Papa, but we will see, should be good dual purpose birds. Yours look great, I like the buttery colored ones and the ones with the brown tails, our crosses have always been hardy chicks:D

7. Avalon1984

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Well thank you so much. I am trying to get some better pictures of them but they are soooo fast. I was positively surprised that the Salmon Faverolle Mixes turned out quite meaty. I did not expect that. Do you have a picture of your chickens? I would love to see the rooster. Here is mine.

[​IMG]

8. 1AcreRooster

No pics, my eggs came from a freinds farm. Maybe I can get by this weekend and snap some pics of em.

9. Avalon1984

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    I am picking up my eggs tonight! Yeah! Still need to set up the incubator at noon. Me procrastinating...[​IMG]

10. nurseamc

nurseamc Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2011
    Cabarrus County, NC
    I'm getting read to set 42 guinea and 19 light Brahmas today. Keep us posted on the progress! This will be my 3rd hatch (the first in my GQF) I can't wait to see the difference. I currently have 20 pearl guineas set in my table top bator due to hatch Aug 6th. (DH's B-day...happy B-day to him) ha,ha.

Good Luck to you![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by