I am having a really bad day.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by fordmommy, Oct 20, 2009.

1. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I was up most of the night because my 3 year old has a bad cough. He couldn't sleep because he was coughing most of the night, which keeps me up. I gave him prescribtion cough medicine and that didn't help much either.

Then, I get up when DH's alarm goes off at 4:30am. Which in turn woke up the 3 year old again. I told him to just crawl in bed with me and go to sleep. I did fall back to sleep for a little bit.

Then, I have to get up at 6:30am with the 9 year old and send him off to school, which had woken up the 3 year old AGAIN! I send off the 9 year old, take the 3 year old back to bed and get a LITTLE bit more sleep.

I get up around 9:30am. Feed and water the chickens. One isn't acting right. Don't know why. And while I'm out there I hear the phone ring. I run in, miss it, then when I'm about to call the number, the cell phine rings. It's school. ( year has a headache and a fever. The nurse says she's been sending kids home left and right. ( a bunch of schools in the area have been closed due to H1N1)

I get ready to go get him. I'm walking out the door with the 3 year old and phone rings again. It's DH! He says....."I just wanted to call you before someone else did. I just got out of the ER. Had an episode of acid reflux." (which resembles a heart atack) OH, great! He's fine. But his work made him go. Had an EKG. And some other stuff. Say to make an appointment with regular DR. for a stumach scope.

So- I am having a really bad day. [​IMG]

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    [​IMG] Deep breath honey.

3. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    So sorry you are having a bad day. Sending calm and happy vibes to you. [​IMG]

4. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    [​IMG] I hope things get better with your day I know everyone here has been sick now 1 year old grand daughter has it, I hate when kids are sick. hope things start looking up and remember tomorrow is a new day.

5. 007Dawn

007Dawn Out Of Coop

Apr 29, 2009
    I'm right with you! I'm glad your getting a little support...I got poop on all day long.

I really hope your day gets a lot better!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  6. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I am shaking in my boots every day about this flu. It's rampant here, don't think its the H1N1, but it is respitory. I am taking D-3, 1000 mg. because its suppose to help you get over any flu virus going around. Plus a very powerful antioxidant. Started it 2 months ago so I would have it built up in my system. I am not prone to it, but DH is on disability because of diabetes and congestive heart failure, and he doesn't need to have any of us coming down with it. I take and give good vitamins and the same stuff I mentioned to our 9 year old too, because he said the kids have been sick in his class with sore throats, but after a few days they come right back o.k. I think we need to build ourselves up as much as we can, and you can get the D-3 at WM for $6 for two bottles. I order the antioxidants, but any good health food store would have them, and they aren't outrageous in price.

7. 007Dawn

007Dawn Out Of Coop

Apr 29, 2009
    Quote:That is cool about the D-3...what is it? Like an herb? Not sure. I had the flu, swine with my hubby and son and it was so miserable but no worse than any other flu. If that brings any comfort at all? It did take longer to get over though.

8. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    [​IMG] Sorry you are having a bad day. I hope it gets better!

9. I think Im on the same page as you.
    I was up all night with my 1 year old. She was just crying and wouldn't go to sleep (she hasn't been feeling well). Finally got her to sleep at 2:30am.
    Woke up at 6am to get the kids up for school, smelt something REALLY bad but didn't know where it was coming from. Sent hubby to take the 2 older kids to school while I hunt around the house for where the smell was coming from. STRONGE in the kitchen but I couldn't find anything, smelt a lil like smoke. Open the door to the back porch and OMG!!!!!!!! Since the light was out in the back porch, I put the rope light out there while I was doing the laundry but forgot to unplug it when I went inside and it BURNED, thank god it didnt catch flames yet! But alot of clothes have been burned and damaged.
    We also found out that Survy passed during the middle of the night, guess it got too cold fo her or she was just TOO lonely.
    Hubby and I went back to bed for a few hours, turned up that all 3 of us woke up at about 12:00 (I haven't been feeling well myself and being up all night with the baby is hard). Hubby got his homework through email so he started working on that.
    The baby wouldnt' stop crying, she clanged and cried and wouldnt stop so Hubby called the neighbor and asked to borrow her truck to take her to the ER. Just as he left, my father in law called and said that the school has called him since Hubby's cell phone is cut off and said to come pick up our son, he been throwing up. I told him that he was not home, he was on his way to the ER with the baby. Thank god the ER here is right next door to the bus gurage (where father in law works), he was able to inform hubby to pick up son from school.

Im at home alone, trying to clean up as much as I can but I just feel like crawling back to bed. Im feeling really really SUCKY!

(sorry if this is hijacking your thread)

10. 007Dawn

007Dawn Out Of Coop

Apr 29, 2009
    Thank you each of you I appreciate it.

But thank you for your kindness.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by