I am here to whine

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
We more than likely have to move, landlord didn't pay the mortage, auction next Tuesday.

We have been out looking at houses and I have to say, we are ready to throw our crap in storage, sell the animals and move into a one room shack somewhere. The places we saw today were DUMPS!!! One place advertised as a horse property - the stables were so old and worn down that we were afraid to go inside them (windy day). Said 3 bedrooms, it was only 2. Another one was so small mice would be crowded, and a third had the carpet pieced together IN DIFFERENT COLORS
barnie.gif

We have looked and looked and looked. Soooo.... I am an Office Manager with 30 years experience in accounting and payroll, human resources, excellent with Excel and all that jazz. Ken is an IT professional and I mean EXPERT!

Got jobs? We may wind up your neighbor.

Kentucky too. My hubby is into IT and I know there are companies and the military hiring here and the housing market isn't so bad here. Sounds like a sucky situation. No chance of buying the property yourself at auction? Sometimes you can get them cheap.

Quote:
No way. The initial auction rules here are the minimum bid must be the amount left on the note plus expenses. Thenote is $260K and the property is now worth $97K - he bought it at the wrong time for sure.

I am in contact with the Inland Fair Housing Board regarding a HUD loan.... Who knows. This is just a nightmare.

Man that's the pits!!! I'm so sorry. I know I couldn't afford to buy a house these days. . . I couldn't afford to rent one either. I often wonder what do people do??????

Isn't there laws protecting folks from this sorta thing? I though Obama passed something to that extent! Check out your state laws. There's gotta be something! We've been going through a rough patch too these last fews years. Lost our jobs of 10+ yrs, lost our cars.... almost lost our house! I'm holding out hope for you!
fl.gif
The day and age we're in SUCKS!

Quote:
Yes but it only gives us 90 days. We still have to find someplace to go!!!! I know I am not in control on this Big Green Marble, but it is stressful nonetheless. If nothing comes up we will have to cut the flock in half and sell the horses. THIS STINKS!

Back
Top Bottom