I am in Delaware denial

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dela1991, Aug 17, 2010.

1. dela1991

dela1991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    I ordered a Delaware rooster from McMurray in the spring to compliment my Delaware hens. They were kind enough to send me two roosters but they are not Delawares. I have been in denial for the last few weeks. I have finally taken some pics with the hope that the some one here will know what kind of rooster I have. I found a home for the other guy.

I hope this worked as I am about as good with a computer as I am with figuring out what kind of chicken I have.

Thanks for any input.

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I think it's safe to say those are NOT Delawares.

White Rocks maybe?
  3. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    I have a similar rooster,but yours has yellow legs,so it looks like a rock..maybe white Plymouth rock.Delaware will have that splash of black/grey on its back and before its tail.You got robbed. [​IMG] [​IMG]
  4. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    No more denial for you. Those are not Delaware! Either Leghorn or White Rock, I couldn't see much from the tiny picture. Can you make it bigger?
  5. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

The pics are so little...what I think is humorous...well maybe you dont but--you are FROM Delaware!!![​IMG] For some reason when I read the title of this I thought "why would a person be denying where they were from?" Then I remembered there is a Delaware chicken. So OK...then I read the post and you ARE from there! [​IMG] Oh well, I thought you might not find it funny...guess you had to be here! Terri O--still chuckling!

Edited to add: Sorry you didnt get what you wanted!
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  6. tnchickenut

tnchickenut It's all about the Dels!

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    Hard to tell... pics are small.

Possible white rock... Definately not a Del boy. Pretty though! I'd probrably still keep them and find them some hens. That's me though. lol.

If you live a tad closer I'd give you some Del roos. I got plenty to go around!
  7. dela1991

dela1991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    Thanks for the input. I chuckled at the "small" Delaware reference. I also have Rhode Island Reds. Maybe that is why I couldn't get my pictures to enlarge. I could try again. I have known for a while that my rooster was not a Delaware. I do like him. He is very regal and takes good care of the hens. He is in charge. I am going to keep him. The man that I gave the other rooster to said that they were leghorns, but they have red earlobes. I didn't think they were leghorns. I just didn't know what. My husband says he looks like a "traditional" chicken. I don't really hold it against McMurray. It must be crazy there with millions of chicks hatching out every day. I had trouble keeping my 27 straight when they were first delivered. Anyway, I just wanted to let the guy who took my other one know that the rooster is not a leghorn. He kind of acted disgusted with me. I had told him before that the bird was a Delaware.

Thanks again for the help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by