I am in love with my CHICKS

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by WindcrestChickens, Apr 30, 2008.

1. WindcrestChickens

WindcrestChickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2008
    New Hampshire
    OMG....I posted here about a month ago when i was in the "I think I'll go ahead and get some chicks" mode. Well I got to work and I now have a living room full of 12 of the funniest little things I have ever seen. The whole family is in love. We saved one from a bad pasted vent, so now she is our underdog....sadly we will have to think of another name than "Poo Butt" as the kids named her. We got 3 ea, Rhode Island Reds, Black Sex Links, Golden Comets and Black Barred Rocks. Did I get those names right?

Well they are HUGE. It has been 2 weeks and they are enormous. Does anyone have insight into these breeds in general?

Where can I find a list of the abbreviations people use here so I can learn the lingo?

I have to go now, I want to sit in the chair with some chicks and peep. We are nuts.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  2. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    Isn't it a wonderful surprise how lovable chickens can be? And endlessly fascinating, in my opinion. The breeds you have will be fairly fast-growing and good, reliable egg-layers. If they are growing so well it sounds like you're doing a great job raising them. [​IMG]

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    It's great to have someone else join "the Club".[​IMG]

Welcome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by