I am in need of expert eyes

Pattycat

In the Brooder
Jul 22, 2015
Overgaard, AZ
So, I was silly and ordered a group of chicks from the hatchery but did not choose specified breeds. I now have 52 chickens and can only recognize a few of the breeds that I have studied. If you wouldn't mind helping me identify them, I would be appreciative.

Ok, the last one is the bird that held up the bank last week, but I still need help.... Thanks All!

Profile shots of the bird free standing are much better for identifying birds.

The 3rd from top gives a good profile, and I think it may be a dark Brahma.

I can't tell with the others really due to both sunlight photo wash out and poor angles....I might guess a Speckled Sussex on the middle brown one with dots...but could be a Welsummer...or even something else. I'd have to see more of the body...does it have yellow or beige legs?

You might have an Ancona in the 2nd from top...but again too hard to see...

Then the gold bird....again poor angle....could be Red or Gold Sexlink

Better photos would really help us out. I will likely change my mind on guesses as I see them better.

LofMc

Last edited:
x2 on Lady's post. Agree the feather legged looks like a Dark Brahma, other than that we need profile pics. comb style helps, too.

I can't figure out what breed this is. Is it a Barnevelder? PLEASE HELP

Profile shots of the bird free standing are much better for identifying birds.

The 3rd from top gives a good profile, and I think it may be a dark Brahma.

I can't tell with the others really due to both sunlight photo wash out and poor angles....I might guess a Speckled Sussex on the middle brown one with dots...but could be a Welsummer...or even something else. I'd have to see more of the body...does it have yellow or beige legs?

You might have an Ancona in the 2nd from top...but again too hard to see...

Then the gold bird....again poor angle....could be Red or Gold Sexlink

Better photos would really help us out. I will likely change my mind on guesses as I see them better.

LofMc
I will get some new pictures this morning. I had my daughter helping, as they all act like the chickens are going to eat them, so I have to hold them back while they snap pictures. Thanks for trying to help. I should have mentioned that they are all about 4 1/2 weeks old.

Does anyone know what breed this could be? I an stumped.

Welcome to BYC!
I don't think it is a breed...both birds in the first photo look to be mixed breeds, probably from the same backyard mixture of a barred mix and red/gold based something else.

Also, the bird on the left in the first photo appears to have a fairly bad case of scaly leg mite.

It is best to start your own thread which means to click on the What Breed or Gender Forum https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this and post from there a new thread by clicking "start a new thread."

LofMc

Back
Top Bottom