I am in need of expert eyes

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Pattycat, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Pattycat

Pattycat Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2015
    Overgaard, AZ
    So, I was silly and ordered a group of chicks from the hatchery but did not choose specified breeds. I now have 52 chickens and can only recognize a few of the breeds that I have studied. If you wouldn't mind helping me identify them, I would be appreciative.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ok, the last one is the bird that held up the bank last week, but I still need help.... Thanks All!

2. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    Profile shots of the bird free standing are much better for identifying birds.

The 3rd from top gives a good profile, and I think it may be a dark Brahma.

I can't tell with the others really due to both sunlight photo wash out and poor angles....I might guess a Speckled Sussex on the middle brown one with dots...but could be a Welsummer...or even something else. I'd have to see more of the body...does it have yellow or beige legs?

You might have an Ancona in the 2nd from top...but again too hard to see...

Then the gold bird....again poor angle....could be Red or Gold Sexlink

Better photos would really help us out. I will likely change my mind on guesses as I see them better.

LofMc

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    x2 on Lady's post. Agree the feather legged looks like a Dark Brahma, other than that we need profile pics. comb style helps, too.

4. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    X3

Although, a shot in the dark I think the very first pic might be a Welsummer cockerel... a cockerel for sure...

5. BarnevelderBob

BarnevelderBob New Egg

Mar 19, 2016
    I can't figure out what breed this is. Is it a Barnevelder? PLEASE HELP

6. BarnevelderBob

BarnevelderBob New Egg

Mar 19, 2016
    [​IMG]

7. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    I advise starting your own thread as not to have any confusion.

8. Pattycat

Pattycat Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2015
    Overgaard, AZ
    I will get some new pictures this morning. I had my daughter helping, as they all act like the chickens are going to eat them, so I have to hold them back while they snap pictures. Thanks for trying to help. I should have mentioned that they are all about 4 1/2 weeks old.

9. BarnevelderBob

BarnevelderBob New Egg

Mar 19, 2016
    [​IMG]

Does anyone know what breed this could be? I an stumped.

10. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon

Welcome to BYC!
    I don't think it is a breed...both birds in the first photo look to be mixed breeds, probably from the same backyard mixture of a barred mix and red/gold based something else.

Also, the bird on the left in the first photo appears to have a fairly bad case of scaly leg mite.

It is best to start your own thread which means to click on the What Breed or Gender Forum https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this and post from there a new thread by clicking "start a new thread."

LofMc

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by