I am in so much trouble...

duck walk

Songster
10 Years
Jun 13, 2009
white springs, fl
My son and his wife just stopped by and presented m with my birthday present...I have a brand spanking new Hova Bator 1588 with egg turner and thermostat and all of that...they set it up and plugged it in...it is humming in a most promising manner...on the counter opposite the incubator is a pile of 42 fertile duck eggs...somebody save me...

wee.gif

My first hatch in my hovabator 1588 was 98% second hatch was 100%! Your going to love it! One thing to be sure to do is change the wafer every two years to keep up the great hatches
big_smile.png
My hatch rates went down hill after the second year because I didn't change the wafer out. Can't wait to see all those beautiful ducks!

thumbsup.gif
woot.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
droolin.gif
ya.gif
th.gif

Have fun!!! You knew we wouldn't be any help! You'll have to find recovering addicts for help. We are all current hatching addicts.

Congratulations and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
Too late to save you now!

The directions with that bator are very confusing, so just leave it and see where it stabilizes. In 4 hatches I have never had to adjust the temp at all. Get a good thermometer and hygrometer too, they do help. I use the original one as backup, and it's one of the accurate ones. A lot of them aren't.

My homegrown eggs were 100% hatch, the shipped eggs were more like 50-60%. And those were really fragile eggs.

Quote:
"Save you"?!? Gladly! Send all your equipment and eggs to me immediately and I guarantee your salvation (just not mine..)
lau.gif
gig.gif

Seriously though, congrats on your birthday and getting such fabulous prezzies and have fun!!
celebrate.gif

Quote:
What an incredible son and daughter-in-law you have!!! I would be jumping for joy...and thank my lucky stars for such wonderful family members!
wink.png

Have fun!!

Kristen

Quote:
"Save you"?!? Gladly! Send all your equipment and eggs to me immediately and I guarantee your salvation (just not mine..)
lau.gif
gig.gif

Seriously though, congrats on your birthday and getting such fabulous prezzies and have fun!!
celebrate.gif

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom