I am incubating in the spring! What breeds should I hatch?

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
I live in Washington out in the country, and I am looking to incubate in the spring! I already have a few RIR, EE's, Barred rock, SLW, Buffs, and Golden sex links. I want some more, exciting breeds, cute, fluffy, pretty, anything new that I haven tried! I think I have some Ayam Cemani eggs lined up, but i'll have not see. WE got col temps in the winter, last year was down in the 9-13 degrees at times, so not to bad, but chilly. We also get pretty warm in the summer, usually 70-90, but the hottest was up to 100 early last year. So I need some hardy breeds, but its not that bad. Happy to see what you think! Avery

There really pretty! D they all have fluffy feet or just some? I would have to put mulch down in my run before I get them, or there fluffy feet would be ALL messy! My run is horrible right now, so mucky! I love the featured feet though!
Yeah they have feathered feet and are perfect incubators!

Welsummers are cold hardy but not as much heat tolerant.

Edit: odd that the word "summer" is in their name...but yeah they lay pretty dark eggs.

Welsummers are cold hardy but not as much heat tolerant.

Edit: odd that the word "summer" is in their name...but yeah they lay pretty dark eggs.
Welsummers are pretty too, I have a RIR too, but I have always thought he looked more like a Welsummer in color. Black astrolops ar cute too! Thanks for all the ideas! It also depends on what eggs I can fins locally, I don't really want shipped eggs, but if I decided I wanted some special breeds or something like that, I might give in. Lol!

Second Brahmas!

Yeah, shipped eggs - I’d do it again to get specific breeds, but there are so many variables to consider. I had a batch shipped literally just over the state line and the box plinked around four states ... 🤦‍♀️ Even a batch from within my state took several days ...

Back
Top Bottom