I am just SO mad!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SarahFair, Apr 29, 2009.

1. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    So awhile back my neighbors called animal control about some stray cats I had been feeding going on their property. I was cited $140 because once you feed the cats over a certain number of days they are considered yours and you are to keep them on your property just as you would a dog. Ok. Fine. I paid the fine and rehomed the cats so I wouldnt get bothered about it again.

Well their cat had been coming over the past few months and I am trying to be the nice neighbor and over look it cause...Im just not gonna get in a back and forth match with them.

Well today while weeding my front gardens I was letting my baby rabbit, Elvis, hop around in the yard with my kids and myself. I let him out everyday as long as I am outside with him. Well I see him hopping over to me out of the corner of my eye but then I hear him screaming, you know like the bear call, ya it was an awful noise.

I look over and see this black cat clinging biting and ripping at my rabbit. I run over yelling trying to scare the cat off but it just keeps at it. Lucky I was only a few sprints away! I picked the cat up by the back skin. The cat was holding on to my rabbit with it claws so hard Elvis came up with it! In a panic I shook Elvis down and the cat turned and attacked my arm. The only thing I could do to get the cat off was fling it. It hit the side of my house pretty hard...whoops.

I snatch up Elvis and take him inside. His fur is coming out in all kinds of places and the poor thing is scared to death! I go back outside to bring the kids in and who do I see running back over looking to attack again?! The cat! Oh I was so mad! I ran at it hissing but the cat just glared at me from under the truck. I grabbed a handful of gravel and thew it at it while I yelled. It ran away, but Im sure it will be back.

I am just FUMING right now! Didnt they just have me fined for some cats, and now here is their cat coming over and attacking MY pets and now I have scratches all down my arm.
    This is just NOT acceptable! What if I get sick from this cat scratch?? I see it getting feild mice and rats ALL the time.

I understand cats are natural hunters and everything but when it comes to my rabbits and chickens...enough is enough.

Needless to say I called animal control and plan on getting a live trap tomorrow from my fathers house..

Sorry just had to vent!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I would be furious!!!! That animal is not normal. I have cats and they get along with rabbit and they were NOT raised together and very rarely spend time together. But when they do, the cats are afraid of her!!!

3. sesa

sesa Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Thurmont, Md
    Shoot the cat

4. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    What goes around comes around. Let them get fined. Also, go get a tetanus shot and send them the bill. You should also demand to see the cat's proof of rabies vaccination.

5. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    what i would have done was carried the cat over to the neighbor with the bunny too (maybe having the kids carry the bunny) then knocked on the door. when they opened the door i would throw the cat inside and show them the bunny. i would say animal control would be getting a call and they would have to pay any vet bills the bunny might need because of the attack. i would also inform them that if the cat attacked again, it might not come back to them. but thats just me. i would also show them the scratches and say if they get infected and you have to go to the doctor, they will have to pay for that also. i'm sorry you have such bad neighbors! my cats have free reign of the street. never get in fights or attack peoples pets. only grab the pesky mice around.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    that cat needs to disappear. It needs to be taken for a 40 or 50 mile drive or taken to the humane society and euthanized.

7. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Chillin' With My Peeps

That's horrible. The cat isn't at fault, (it was a small baby rabbit, our cats would have gone for it too) it's the owners. Silly hypocrites. I think it's good to trap the cat. Why are people's reactions to shoot everything? Relocating is just fine.

8. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    I plan on killing it once I catch it in a live trap.

Do you think these scratches on my arm will be ok? They sting pretty bad and a couple of them bled. I am worried kinda about cat scratch fever (down now now nowww lol) no but really...
    Its always tearing apart a mouse or rat its caught in the over grown grass from the neighbors yard. Will disease from that carry into my blood?

9. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:i think the owners should be euthanized before the cat. it is in the cats instincts and it didn't know any better. the owners on the other hand do. once again, get them fined and send them any bills you recieve because of this.

10. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:Make sure it has had its rabies shot and get yourself a tetanus shot. Send the bill to the neighbor. Keep the wounds clean and put neosporin on them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by