1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I am just stunned

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Sushi, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Sushi

Sushi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2010
    Michigan
    I ordered hatching eggs off Ebay. I picked a seller that was also located in Michigan in hopes that I would get my eggs faster by ordering from somewhere near by. The woman I ordered from was supposed to mail them out on Monday Sept 12th. They were mailed out on the 13th, no biggie. They arrived at the post office on the 15th, but she had addressed the package wrong and they were returned to her. So she corrected the address and sent them back. So now these eggs arrived today, Sept 23. What do you think the chances are that button quail eggs would still hatch after going thru the mail three times and being two weeks old? I would never re-mail old eggs to a customer! ARGH!!!!

2. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    I definitely think that was bad decision on the seller's part, and she should have sent you fresh eggs. It may be a loss for her, but she was the one who wrote down your address incorrectly. The post office can be rough on eggs the FIRST time they go through, but to be in the hands of the post office for three separate shipping directions? Yep, scrambled!

3. Frankallen

Frankallen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2011
    Alabama
    She is NOT a person I would want to order from!! She should have sent you Fresh Eggs, being it was her fault!!

I guess all you can do, is to go ahead and put in Bator and see how they do....Anybody's guess...[​IMG]

Good Luck!!!!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    I agree with all these posts. I have ordered eggs thru the mail before and the shaking they get is pretty rough. And after 7 days the fertility of the egg starts to deteriorate. After 10 days the eggs are worse and by 14 days, and after 2 runs thru the PO, I wouldn't imagine much of a hatch. If she will not work with you on this one, if at all possible you might want to write a poor review on her. I am not one to bash people, but in this case, you are ordering live eggs. She should replace them in good order, it was her fault for the wrong address.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  5. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    That is horrid! I would leave negative feedback. I am having terrible luck with ebay lately. I don't know what people think lately. As a seller and buyer, respect is needed in both ways.

6. rittert3

rittert3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Ks (Manhattan area)
    I would request her to replace them at no cost or a total refund and if she won't a negitive reveiw is definatly in order. [​IMG]

7. momw2cutekids

momw2cutekids Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2011
    You need to contact Ebay directly and let them know and then if you have recieved positive feedback from her already I'd go ahead and negative feedback her but, not until you recieve feedback because next thing you know she'll negative feedback you ! I can't stand stuff like that [​IMG] Hope all works out !

8. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    This is terrible!
    I'm very sorry this has happend.

I would definitely insist on a refund.

As far as ebay feedback goes, a lot's changed. I think the change was a seller could not leave a negative for a buyer as retaliation, but I"m not sure. It's been awhile since I've been there.

What was this sellers feedback like?
    Have others had problems with it?

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Request a refund or a replacement (she pays the total cost). If she refuses, file a claim with Ebay to get your money back. I doubt any of the eggs will hatch (very few for sure), but if you don't set them, none will hatch.

You should have ordered from me! I'm not that much farther and almost all the packages I've sent took 2 days to arrive at their destination.

10. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Sellers cannot leave negative feedback at all. Buyers can unless the seller is a 'power seller', in that case Ebay won't allow you to leave negative until you've tried to work it out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by