I am looking for a girl scout troop west of the Mississippi

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Sep 28, 2011.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I hate to ask, but my DDs troop needs pen pals.

All of the troops I can access easily are very local and not too different in make up from her own troop. I would like to see them have conversations with people who are far away.

We live in PA. If anyone knows of a troop around 9/10 years old that would be interested in doing a pen pal project for their troop please let me know!!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That's a mighty wide reach you got there. Anything more specific? [​IMG]

3. I have WHAT in my yard?

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Actually no! I'll take what I can get!! [​IMG] I have 12 girls all 9 and 10 and we want to do a pen pal project to make friends and learn a little about life.

It will be all positive pro girl monitored learning experience. This is one of the projects in their books that they can do. Its one my troop voted to do and they are very excited to get started. Then I realized the troops council could help hook me up with were within our own council (mostly state). I'll do that if we can't get farther away, but I think we can get more out of it if they were all physically farther away. (Maps, environment and climate, geography and terrain, history of their state etc etc)

I just need a troop to partner with! [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Actually no! I'll take what I can get!! [​IMG] I have 12 girls all 9 and 10 and we want to do a pen pal project to make friends and learn a little about life.

It will be all positive pro girl monitored learning experience. This is one of the projects in their books that they can do. Its one my troop voted to do and they are very excited to get started. Then I realized the troops council could help hook me up with were within our own council (mostly state). I'll do that if we can't get farther away, but I think we can get more out of it if they were all physically farther away. (Maps, environment and climate, geography and terrain, history of their state etc etc)

I just need a troop to partner with! [​IMG]

Lemme see what I can find around here. This desert I live in has a vast amount of information that no one knows about. Like there are over 1700 plants native to the Mojave....​

5. debilorrah

6. I have WHAT in my yard?

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Thanks Debbie, do you know anyone in this council??? I can cold call but I'd love an intro.

7. debilorrah

Thanks Debbie, do you know anyone in this council??? I can cold call but I'd love an intro.

I don't, no. I only know boys and boy scouts. We are overrun with boys in my family and my friends circle. LOL!

hey if you want I can email them.....​

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  8. I have WHAT in my yard?

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    They might respond better to a resident than to a cold call from the East Coast....

9. debilorrah

They might respond better to a resident than to a cold call from the East Coast....

Email sent! They actually have a contact right here in my town. I emailed her.​

10. I have WHAT in my yard?

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Oh thank you Debi!!!! You're a doll!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by