I Am Looking For A Surgeon To Decrow My Rooster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics

Gohan

Hatching
Oct 28, 2017
Hi Im New To Byc, And I'd Be Willing To Pay The Price To Decrow My Rooster, Roosters Are Not Allowed Where I Live, So.... Yea, I Really Want To Decrow My Rooster Because My Neighbors Are Always Complaining About Him, I Have Tried A Chicken Collar, But, It Just Doesn't Seem To Work.
So If You Decrow Roosters Or You Know Somebody Who Decrows Roosters Than Tell Me Please,
Thank You!

:welcome Understand that it is a difficult procedure with a high mortality rate. Might be better to find a new home for him where he can be a 'rooster'.
X2
Also, consider whether this procedure is truly for your benefit or his. Good animal husbandry requires always considering the latter first and foremost.

I see the stance where it might be cruel to take away an animal's ability to follow their instinct. However, I will share a story. When I was a teenager, we had a Shetland sheepdog. He had an ear piercing bark, especially when we played in the pool. My parents had him debarked, and it was great for everyone. The dog didn't seem to notice, and still barked, it just sounded like he had laryngitis. He was able to run around and bark his head off all day long without upsetting the neighbors. I have no idea how this would translate with a rooster. Good luck!

Hi Im New To Byc, And I'd Be Willing To Pay The Price To Decrow My Rooster, Roosters Are Not Allowed Where I Live, So.... Yea, I Really Want To Decrow My Rooster Because My Neighbors Are Always Complaining About Him, I Have Tried A Chicken Collar, But, It Just Doesn't Seem To Work.
So If You Decrow Roosters Or You Know Somebody Who Decrows Roosters Than Tell Me Please,
Thank You!
:welcome :eek:that's an new one on me never even considered such a thing . My suggestion would be to contact the closet university to you with a veterinary program perhaps they might be able to help you . You might be able to contact the state licensing board for a list of all the licensed Vets in your state and call them all . Good luck

That is selfish. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to hurt feelings or be rude, but...its a rooster. Let that bird be what it is. Taking out its vocal cords is horrendously cruel. Absolutely human selfishness at its finest...
I'll take the counter argument. OP has probably decided it is decrowing or the freezer. I bet if you asked the roo he would rather have hens to mate vs a date with the axe. With that said, depending on the location if it also denies him the ability to alert his trusting hens to danger I can see an adverse affect on the entire flock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom