1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I am looking for a true Americana Rooster in NW GA.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by JamesA, Jul 16, 2008.

1. JamesA

JamesA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    I want a good looking boy for my 8 girls

2. Ameraucana Momma

Ameraucana Momma Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2008
    Grand Ledge Michigan
    We live in Michigan and this is our first reply to any one on this site.
    We have pure bred Ameraucanas both large size and Bantams. We have roosters hatched May 27 in Large Blue and Black and Blue wheaton and Lavender Bantoms. These birds came fron Stock from John Blehm.

3. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    I'm not in NW GA, but if you are coming through the Charlotte, NC area I have a bunch of Ameraucanas hatched back in the first week in May. They are blue/black from Dipsy Doodle Doo's eggs.

I can't speak to show quality or anything of that nature, but they do meet the basic standard for the breed.

I've got several roos in the bunch, they are blue and black.

4. JamesA

JamesA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    Well I will keep looking.I ordered 10 Americana's from Mcmurrey Hatchery this spring and eight made it and I am expecting them to start laying at any time.

5. DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2008
    Beaufort SC
    JamesA I ordered 5 strait run from Cackle Hatchery but I'm sure they are EE and yours a probable too. But anyway I think most of mine are going to be cockerals so you are welcome to one if you pick up. I live in Beaufort SC. Which is se SC. Hope I can Help Brad.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by