I am looking for some Game Cams, need advice.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Joe.G, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Joe.G

Joe.G Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2011
    Eastern NY
    Hi, I am looking to get some game cams to place around my Property so I can see whats going on, Id like to see what wild life are passing though and also to see what kinds are hanging around the barns at night.

I am looking for a good quailty cam that produces beautiful day and night Pictures clear and life like thanks a lot.

2. Capvin

Capvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    I now use a Cuddeback Capture trail camera which cost me a bit over $100 at Walmart. I have had it over one year and I am very satisfied with its performance. The night pictures are fine and the only day pictures we have taken are the ones when my wife walks by the trail and gets her rear end captured. You can spend a lot more but I am satisfied with what I have.

3. Joe.G

Nov 16, 2011
    Eastern NY
    Can anyone post Night and day pic's and the model of there camera?

4. Capvin

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    [​IMG]

This was taken at about 4AM. As I said I do not keep any of the daytime pics but they are clear as a bell.

5. Joe.G

Nov 16, 2011
    Eastern NY
    What model is that?

6. Joe.G

Nov 16, 2011
    Eastern NY
    I re read it and see that it's a Capture model, There attack model seems pretty nice also. Do you guys like the IR or the Flash for night use?

7. Kay56

Kay56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2012
    We have a PRIMOS TRUTH CAM 46 and it works great...have gotten some great day and night photos of the deer, racoons, and other night life. Going to place it near the coop when it is finished. Got this off Amazon.

8. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Any thoughts on a good game cam that does not flash at night or have any blinking lights? I want to use it for security on my remote jobs where power is not available and so nobody takes the camera and yet still be able to identify the person in the picture.

9. Capvin

Apr 13, 2011
    Lake Placid, FL
    Ed: The camera I have is the flash model. Most of the game cams also have a Infra Red model so you wont get the flash, but regardless, I believe that all of them have the flashing red light that goes on when something enters it's field of view. I do not think you will find a game cam without the flashing red light. However, they do have the security cameras (I think at Radio Shack). The problem with them is that are not very clear unless you spend big money.

10. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is a Wildgame Innovations iR4 Really good for the price $80/90. Had a problem with my first one it just stop taking pictures after 2 years,called them up and they send us the camera we will send you a new one.No questions asked. None of the foolish questions like Did you drop it or did it get wet from not closing the door or anything. I took about 2 weeks from the time I sent the old one until I got the new one. Really impressed with their customer service as well as the camera. I have got about a thousand pictures from them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by