I am looking for two leg bands

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chuckzoo, Jul 15, 2010.

1. chuckzoo

chuckzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    I have two Buff Rocks nearly 3 months old. They are both very similar in appearance so I would like to band them to be able to know which one is Angelika and which one is Rose. Now Rose has a few darker colored tail feather but I am afraid when they do a mini molt I will not be able to tell the difference.

I neeed two different colors and will be happy to pay for them plus any postage.

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I would gladly send you some, if I had any.
    Have you thought about using colored zip ties instead? My DH keeps a package of them in the house for various man projects and I've found them to be quite useful too.

3. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Much cheaper than postage and you don't have to worry about the size~~~cable ties. You can buy them at WalMart; they come in a variety of colors and sizes. I use them frequently on the younger birds until I know whether or not I'm going to keep them. Easy to apply, and easy to remove

4. chuckzoo

chuckzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    I wondered about that. Would they not tighten if the chickens pull on them?

5. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Clipping the tag end close to the lock eliminates the chance of a chicken grabbing it.

6. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:Exactly what we use-different festive colors(not red for sure).
    Just don't tighten them too much and cut them short enough to where they won't cut the birds and the birds won't be tugging on them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by