I am MEAN! What am I? A Mutt Bantam?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tomjoad, Sep 28, 2010.

1. tomjoad

tomjoad Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2010
    Norman, OK
    This guy is gamey and I have had to get after him more than a couple times. He carries his wings pointed down.

[​IMG]

Also interested in breed of hen pictured beside him. She is teenincy and fast. This is a bad, incomplete pic, but somebody may know...

[​IMG]

Here's my big roo, I assume his is a RIR, am I correct? He is HUGE, and sorta docile.

[​IMG]

Thanks

2. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    He looks like an Old English Game.

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Red Pyle Old English Game Bantam.

The second is a very nice RIR - I'd keep him and breed him, chances are you'll get better RIRs than the average hatchery junk. [​IMG]

4. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Old English Game Bantam.. Hen, possibly a Sebright.. Would had to have better photos. The big rooster is a Rhode Island Red I'd say.

5. tomjoad

tomjoad Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2010
    Norman, OK
    Wow, thank you all, I appreciate it. I'm crossing that RIR with my Red Stars, hoping to get some good layers. I was incubating a lot of them, then lost power. It is nice to have people to discuss this stuff with, besides the folks at work, who don't raise chickens and get bored to death. Thanks.

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Yes, I think the hen is a Golden Sebright. I have one. They're so cute! I also have a Silver Sebright pullet and two Silver Sebright roos - these are really cute birds.

7. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Can you get a pic of the little hen's head? Lovely red pyle OEGB roo! The RIR is quite handsome too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by