I am new member! Happy to join the chicken family.. Q&A

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by isaiahandmommy, Mar 31, 2016.

1. isaiahandmommy

isaiahandmommy New Egg

Mar 30, 2016
    SouthWest Oklahoma
    1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.\

So, I just copied the questions..

1. I am new to chickens but so curious and hungry for the knowledge to raise healthy chickens! I actually got these chickens less than a month ago because my cousin thought they were no longer "cute" and somehow was under the impression that they would stay cute chicks for the rest of their lives. LOL, wrong. They are mystery chickens from Atwood's from the pullet bin. They are about 2 almost 3 months old.

2. I have 3 chickens.

3. I am unsure so later on I will be posting pictures so that maybe I can get an idea of breed. Id really love to know!

4. I just was Google searching information on "Chickens" and BYC consistently popped up.

5 I don't really have many hobbies. I work full time and I am a mother.. So I am looking for a hobby and hey, what do you know! Chickens.

6. I have a Mini family. It is just my son, myself, and our three chickens. I am currently a CNA working at a hospital in SW Oklahoma. Id really like to just learn and be apart of a community that shares my passion, newly found, but passion on chickens.

2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I'm glad you were able to take on the chickens and are enjoying them. You've come to a great place to learn about them and no one here ever gets tired of talking chicken.

Check out the Learning Center if you haven't already. There are articles on about every poultry topic you can imagine.

Thanks for joining us!

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Welcome to BYC! :frow

Congratulations on the chickens! They are great fun and pretty easy to care for. I'm sure your son and you will make wonderful memories together while caring for these remarkable birds.

Good luck! :)

4. isaiahandmommy

isaiahandmommy New Egg

Mar 30, 2016
    SouthWest Oklahoma
    THANK YOU!!

I believe we will too..

I am more than excited to start this journey.

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Your chickens are old enough to have pictures posted of them at "what breed or gender is this." Folks there are very good at determining both. Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by