I am new to BYC and I live in Tucson Hoping to make new friends too!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imagica5, May 7, 2011.

1. Imagica5

Imagica5 Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2011
    AZ
    [​IMG] Hi BYC,

I have just started out keeping chickens I am in the process of building a new coop for them. I have a variety of chicks after I can find good homes for some of the chicks I will have about 21 till I am able to sex them I can only keep the hens.[​IMG] 8 of them are 6 weeks old the rest are about 4 weeks old. I do have one I am a bit worried about it looks like it is growth retarded it should be 6 weeks old now but is only the size of a 3 week old chick it eats fine but hasn't really gotten any new feathers so it looks a little bald. I also had to splint its feet the outside toes curled under now its feet look normal but it still doesn't walk properly. I have an image but as a new member it wont let me post it. Does anyone have any expirience with this? I have another frizzle chick from the same batch that looks huge next to this one. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it, thanks

Best wishes,
    Leah

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    [​IMG]

Come see us in the AZ thread.

3. Imagica5

May 7, 2011
    AZ
    Where is the Arizona thread? I would love to join it [​IMG] can you post a link? thanks

4. Imagica5

May 7, 2011
    AZ
    Thank you [​IMG]

5. AyeUpChuck

AyeUpChuck Striving for Self-Sufficiency

Mar 7, 2011
    Beavercreek, OR
    [​IMG] from Oregon

6. Imagica5

May 7, 2011
    AZ
    Hi [​IMG] this is awesome I can't wait to be able to post pics soon I have so many questions too I am so glad I found this site. [​IMG]

7. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us. Good luck with your birds.

8. Imagica5

May 7, 2011
    AZ
    Thanks [​IMG]

9. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Hi there! [​IMG] Welcome from western Kentucky! So glad you could join us -- this is a very friendly gathering of like-minded (more or less!) folks who come here to share their triumphs & tragedies, successes and failures, and life in general. Pull up a comfortable chair and let's get acquainted! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by