I am new to chickens and this website.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by 6chickennewbies, Feb 5, 2012.

1. 6chickennewbies

6chickennewbies Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2012
    Hello everyone. Is there anyone else here from Meriden?

1 person likes this.
  2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Not me. What state?

Regardless, welcome to BYC! Here you WILL find plenty of chicken folk from all over the world! Glad you joined us!

3. berniezahm

berniezahm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    Meriden where? Idaho?

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. 6chickennewbies

Feb 5, 2012
    Meriden CT . Thanks for the welcome. This site is great. We are welcoming our first chickens this week.

6. The reluctant chicken

The reluctant chicken Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    Litchfield County
    [​IMG].

There is a Ct thread and there are many people in and around Meriden. Here is the thread to CT.
    What kind of chicks are you getting?
    I currently have some 9 mo old pullets but am expecting some chicks in 2 wks....can't wait! Some barnvelders, light sussex, americaunas marans and orpingtons.
    I work in Southington, so Meriden is not that far away.

Enjoy reading..there is a lot of information here. And no question is a dumb question. Everyone has to learn sometime.
    I had just roosters for years, now we have pullets...so I'm kind of new also.

7. 6chickennewbies

Feb 5, 2012
    Thanks for the welcome. We are getting our pullets on Thursday. We have never had chickens before so we are starting with 6 and we'll see how it goes. I am getting them from a hatchery here in CT so far we know we want easter eggers and a barred rock. This site is so helpful for some one such as myself, Ive learned so much and everyone is so helpful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by