I am new to the raising chickens world!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nikkis Chickies, May 4, 2017.

1. Nikkis Chickies

Nikkis Chickies Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2017
    Stuyvesant, NY
    [​IMG]I would love anything and anyone to help whenever I need help :) i have an acre and a half and we are surrounded by corn fields and open pastures around our land. Very far from the road and we have tried our best to make our DIY coop which is not at all finished. We have 12 chicks, 6 are pullets ISA reds from tractor supply and the other 6 were shipped from McMurray Hatchery in Iowa and there are two Reds Stars, two Black Stars, one Australorp and one Auracauna. The 6 from Iowa were born on March 26th, 2017 and the 6 from Tractor Supply were born March 10th.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    OK, what do you need help with?

1 person likes this.
  3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Nikkis Chickies [​IMG] Welcome!

I recommend a visit to the Learning Centre; lots of good tips there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

The best way to get help is to select a Forum appropriate to the question you have. For example, if you are wanting some guidance with your coop build, you could post on the Coop Run Design & Maintenance Forum:

[​IMG]

Or if you have a chicken health issue, the Emergencies / Diseases Forum. Questions about your babies, the Raising Baby Chicks Forum etc

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links from Teila already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

1 person likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by