1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I am new

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Extraspoiled, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Extraspoiled

Extraspoiled New Egg

Apr 14, 2017
    Hi everyone,

I am totally new at this. I had a neighbor come over today and said that they could not keep these cuties. So she gave them to me.[​IMG] I am so excited!! I have been thinking about having chickens but didn't take that step. So here I am! I am not sure what kind these girls are but what cuties.

Thank You,

[​IMG]

2. BYCforlife

BYCforlife Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey, Extraspoiled! [​IMG]! Glad you could join us! I hope your neighbor showed you how to do it! [​IMG]

3. MillersFarm

MillersFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2016
    Lewiston NY
    Hi! and welcome to backyard chickens! i really hope your enjoying this website so far, this is a great place for you to find some great advice!

4. Extraspoiled

Extraspoiled New Egg

Apr 14, 2017
    Thank you. :) No, she did not. But I have some other friends that have chickens that are a few months other than these.

5. Extraspoiled

Extraspoiled New Egg

Apr 14, 2017
    Thank You :)

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Extraspoiled [​IMG] Welcome!

Oh my, they sure are cuties!

Sounds like you have a good support network but if you would like to do some of your own research I recommend a visit to the Learning Centre; lots of good tips there:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

When your chicks are fully feathered, you could post some full body shots on the Breed & Gender Forum for some advice on breed [and gender if you need it]: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

8. Extraspoiled

Extraspoiled New Egg

Apr 14, 2017

9. Extraspoiled

Extraspoiled New Egg

Apr 14, 2017

10. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, extraspoiled, and :welcome! Great to have you in our flock! Teila gave you a bunch of great links so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :woot

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by