I am not getting many eggs

lefluers

Hatching
11 Years
Jan 17, 2009
Raleigh
I have 4 New Hamshire reds and 2 Dominique. I am consistantly getting 2 eggs per day. I feel like I should be getting more eggs than this, like 4 or 5. They molted in the fall and since then the eggs dropped to what it is presently. Is there something I could do to help them increase their production?

Some of my flocks are laying very little still, even with spring equinox passed. Days and nights are equal right now. Where are my eggs!!??? (I have plenty of eggs, becaues I have plenty of birds, but still! Some are being total slackers! One thing, I did make a covered run area that is about 25' across, and six feet high, and it is not as light in the center pens as the outside ones... might be a light factor? Also, you could try boosting their protein. I feed Purina and sometimes I offer Flock Raiser free fed aside another feeder of Layena pellets to boost egg size and production. Also have to keep oystershell available too, because Flock Raiser is for younger birds. Hope your girls start to lay better soon. and...

welcome-byc.gif

There is a very good post by Speckled Hen on this thread, called: Why are my chickens not laying? It's at the top of the index. Perhaps it will help.

thanks guys. I will check the suggested article out. I think I maybe getting one or two more eggs per day, so maybe we are on the up swing now.

My Whyanndottes (spelling) have always been good layers all year long. I llucked out !
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom