I am NOT insane. Or am I?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gryeyes, Aug 10, 2010.

1. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I specifically bought the Brinsea Mini Advance because it will only hold 7 eggs. I suspected I might go hog wild if I got a larger incubator. Just successfully hatched 5 little adorable olive eggers now frolicking in the brooder.

So how do I justify my recent (10 minutes ago) purchase of a second Brinsea Mini Advance incubator?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  2. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:chicken math. [​IMG] It's the only answer. Congrats on your new babies.

3. bragabit

bragabit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Southern Utah
    My addiction to chocolate is one thing. But this egg/chick/chicken addiction is something else. I got 35 eggs hatching right now, just wait until you get broody hens...

4. cook_kaka_ook

cook_kaka_ook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2009
    It will be used mainly as a backup, just in case the other one malfunctions... JUSTIFIED!

5. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Why do you have to justify it. Can't you do something jus cuz you want to?

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I dunno, doesn't seem right. With minis now you have to hatch 2 broods and still wouldn't have as many as if you used a large bator. Are you an underachiever or what? No chicken math skills.

7. gryeyes

Quote:[​IMG]

But it will still make me stick to small broods, like half dozen of this breed, half dozen of that breed, staggered hatches without futzing with settings on just ONE 'bator.... but I DID seriously look at the Octagon 20 Advance for about 30 minutes!

8. gryeyes

Quote:Gosh, how smart! I can't believe I didn't already think of that! Thank you! [​IMG]

9. gryeyes

Quote:Why, yes I can. There's no significant other here to argue otherwise. And that's exactly how I manage to get myself into trouble, sometimes.....

10. CindyG

CindyG Chillin' With My Peeps

Gryeyes, I'm thinking of doing the same thing!! I've tried a couple of larger incubators, but no where near the success of the Mini Advance so two would be ideal. I have five little beauties in it right now, drying off. Lavendar Orps, going to be gorgeous. I just realized my FBC Marens are all roosters, have to get some more eggs now, trying for hens. It goes on and on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by