1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I am not on vacation Updated.. Funeral over.. Back home again.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by geareduplyn, Jan 28, 2009.

1. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    I posted a couple of days ago about getting a password I could remember because I was away from home, and since I make my computer remember passwords I didn't know it.After that post I got several PMs that kind of assumed that I was on vacation. I'm not. The computer I'm using is in a Hospice. This is a beautiful facility, but I wish I'd never seen it. I really have no idea when I will be home again. My egg and chick production is going be put on hold for the present. To all who have inquired about eggs and chicks I will contact you when I am back in SC.

After a week at the hospital every day and almost three weeks every day at the Hospice I am back in SC. Since I haven't touched my computer in more than a month I am behind on everything plus something happened with this thing during this time, because I am not able to retreive some information. I had Hughes Net as a server and they cut my service sometime after I left SC. I've made this work after a fashion, but if you have tried to contact me about anything please do so again. My chick hatching will probably be set back at least 6 weeks since I have straighten everything out.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

[​IMG] Are you ok?

3. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Quote:I am fine . My Mother who is 91 and who has been completely self sufficent to this point suffered a massive stroke this past week. I wish that we were not such tough people sometimes. Thank You for the Hug.

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I saw hospice, and wondered. I'm so sorry about your mom. My grandmother had two strokes that I can remember. It was so awful.

5. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    [​IMG]

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Gary, sending good thoughts for your mother's comfort and recovery. We'll look forward to your updates. [​IMG]

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] So sorry to hear about your mom. You are all in my prayers.

8. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    Sorry to hear about that. My Gramma had a lot wrong with her, and eventually had to have hospice take care of her and they did a great job, I caint say enuff good things about 'em.

9. Brick243

Brick243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southeast Oklahoma
    Sending best wishes to your mother and you. Take care.

10. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    sending the very best of thoughts to you and your mom [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by