i am not sure if this a rant or not....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Jan 10, 2009.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

as many of you know we have been broke beyond belief. then my fiance got his pay restored right before Christmas. Needless to say we are still behind and trying hard to catch up.

Step son drinks coffee like it's going ot style so we told him NO MORE.... We have always stocked the house with every kind of food imaginable tht a young man may want, my 19 year old son included.

Well we sat down this morning and looked at our bills and we decided that the kids can have top ramen or those cheap burritos in the freezer if they don't want to eat what I cook. No more creamer for coffee since SS drinks most of it.

SS is now pouting tonight, "We can't have anything, this sucks" [​IMG] i want to SMACK him [​IMG] WHY DON"T THEY GET IT!!!! [​IMG]

okit was a rant.

2. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    If stepson is old enough to drink it maybe he is old enough to work and help buy it.

3. debilorrah

Yeah there is an issue in this state about hiring under 18...... No one will do it around here.... [​IMG]

4. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Way back when, my sister was the same way... didn't understand that mom and dad had to work for the food and things that we had. She complained just a little too much, so mom sat her down at the table one day and made her keep the tally as mom paid the bills. Showed her what came in from the paychecks, and where it went. It was a real eyeopener for my sister, and she never complained again. [​IMG] IMO, 19 is a good age to get a job of their own... you didn't say how old your SS is, but if he's old enough, maybe he needs to start pulling his share?

[​IMG]

Feels good to just get it off your chest, doesn't it? [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

SS is 17 rightnow
    18 in March
    so he can get a job some March...... I am selfishly wishing my son and his son would get their acts together and move out. I wanna life with Ken not the kids.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Shoot, they start hiring at fast food places here at age 16.

Sounds like they need to get some work. My eldest two both started jobs at 17 and they all starting mowing lawns to make money as soon as they hit 14.

And that's the way it is.

7. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    Quote:get him a lawnmower, rake, snow shovel, etc and tell him to hit the pavement and find some work! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    thats why my oldest has been doing for the past few years.

8. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    I don't think children should have speaking privileges until they are paying their own bills.
    Cream in the coffee indeed! [​IMG]

9. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Smack him. He deserves it.

The reality is, and I'm assuming he's a teen, there is little that is
    going to change him except living on his own and having to pay
    for things himself.

Tough love is a hard thing however sometimes it's the strongest love.

We couldn't wait to get jobs when we were teens. I'm clueless WTH
    is wrong with kids today. A job was a badge of honor. It was our own
    money and a little freedom too.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  10. Nikki28

Nikki28 David Bowie is my co-pilot

Dec 15, 2008
    Actually if you want to send them this way they can tend to my pets and garden this Spring......hmm......have they ever heard of 'involuntary servitude'?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by