I am not your mama

AmyRboyd

Hatching
Apr 20, 2020
I had several hens hatch within days of beach other. One was a golden seabright and she is NASTY. She killed several of the other hens chicks before I was able to remove her. I gave her chicks to a Brahma to roadie without any issue. I have her in jail for now. The problem is one of the chicks was injured pretty badly and partially blind from being pecked by her. I took that baby inside and have nurses her back to perfect health. Now she thinks she’s a human. I have tried to introduce her to one of the broods every day for three days now and she runs to me peeping. She won’t go near the bog birds and the hens don’t even look her direction. She isn’t old enough to fend for herself. Am I just gonna have to suck it up until she is bigger or should I just leave her out there and see what happens?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 43
Wow that post autocorrected itself into jibberish! Sorry about that! I have considered bringing in a sibling. This little bird is only happy if she is being held and she follows us around the house crying if we put her down for a second. I’m just worried she will get hurt since she won’t let us put her in a crate without acting like she might die 😑. I’ve had plenty of house chickens but this one is driving me crazy!

Back
Top Bottom