I am now officialy in Lockdown....well the eggs are.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by The Chickeneer, Jul 30, 2011.

1. The Chickeneer

The Chickeneer ~A Morning's Crow~

I just took out the egg turner, filled up those water rings and set them eggs down [​IMG]. They should hatch in three days, about a dozen eggs from some game breed I don't really know [​IMG] I might be able to post some pics when the piping starts, but I just hope at least a few hatch [​IMG]. Wish me Good Luck [​IMG]

2. okiedrifter

okiedrifter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Good luck....I am in lockdown also....I have 2 chicks out but no other pips [​IMG]

3. Flawedatdesign

Flawedatdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Dixon Missouri
    [​IMG] good luck to both of you!

4. wrestling_mom

wrestling_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2011
    Henderson County, NC
    Also in lockdown, due Monday.

5. Islandmom511

Islandmom511 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    I'm right behind you guys...going on lockdown in 2 days. My first hatch...2 pekins. Both showing movement as of last night...will candle tomorrow night before the big day! [​IMG]:fl:fl

6. The Chickeneer

I woke up this morning, and I got my fist peep! [​IMG]. I have 2 pics . As u can see he only made a small hole but he'll probably be out in a few hours. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] if you look closely, in the hole you can see a white dot, thats the egg tooth that the chick has on the tip of its beak, using it to hatch. Im so excited I got a peep! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
  7. Flawedatdesign

Flawedatdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Dixon Missouri
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Congrats!!!

9. The Chickeneer

Now this morning I woke up, and that chick was fully hatched! [​IMG], and another one was pushing out of its shell, pop it came right out too! ThenI looked over and, I saw two that started to peep. [​IMG] I havent heard of any of your hatches, I really want to know whats going on with your guy's hatches, I dont want to be the only one, so please, PLEASE post!

[​IMG] this was the first one that I posted earlier.

[​IMG] this is the second one I saw pop out [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] theese are two more that started to peep! It's just soo exciting to watch I hope they all hatch [​IMG]

10. HenCrazyMom

HenCrazyMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    Merrifield, MN
    Go into my first lockdown starting tomorrow. SO EGGCITED!!! Have 10 eggs in the incubator. All looks good. Will be excited to see if any hatch.[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by