1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

I Am Now The Proud Owner of an INCUBATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by new2chickens2011, Oct 29, 2011.

1. new2chickens2011

new2chickens2011 Songster

Jun 11, 2011
    I am so excited to start hatching!!!!!!!!

2. what kind of bator?

3. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    hatch on! Now you need a brooder:)

4. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Songster

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    [​IMG]

Once you start hatching, its like a drug! you get addicted lol

5. UncleTommy

UncleTommy Songster

Jul 19, 2011
    Sanger, CA
    Quote:so true, Started with 10 chicks, then i thought, I need more, what if they're all roos! So now I have a brooder in my closet because all the chicks are such different sizes that I needed more space...

6. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Songster

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:so true, Started with 10 chicks, then i thought, I need more, what if they're all roos! So now I have a brooder in my closet because all the chicks are such different sizes that I needed more space...

lol I started out with 8 TSC chicks, thought I wanted more Bantams so I searched on CL an found a Serama pullet, got her thought I need more Seramas, ordered some eggs, of 15 egg - 8 hatched, loved those babies so now I have 4 DOZEN eggs in the 'bator with 20+ going into lockdown this week coming up lol

7. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Quote:Oh Oh! [​IMG]

8. itsiebitsiefarm

itsiebitsiefarm Professional Egg Stacker

Dec 31, 2010
    Lake Wales, FL
    Welcome to a new World of addiction. [​IMG]

9. Back in June I injured my left knee and couldn't work so to keep busy I bought a bator at TSC. I started with 10 adults so I put only six eggs in and now have a total of 43 adults and chicks. Have fun but watch out for that chicken math, it'll get you before you know it.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by