I am pretty sure I know gender already but....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by menkot, Apr 24, 2008.

1. menkot

menkot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    Anybody want to make my day and tell me I am wrong??

Here is group 1
    [​IMG]

Group 2

[​IMG]

one more [​IMG]

well, one more just for entertainment. Think I can win the ugly chicken contest with these??

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

WHOA! Those chickens colors are amazing! With the black heads and a couple black dots going down, the buff fronts and blue backs, awesome! [​IMG]

3. menkot

Jun 1, 2007
    I like them [​IMG] The pictures actually do not do them justice. That is not black. It is actually a dark blue. It is kind of like a bright navy. The mostly buff that you can't see all of in the pictures have almost periwinkle around their tails and wings. They are buff/ blue crossed orpingtons except for the ummm others. They are black or blue orps crossed with a turken.

4. citychickers

citychickers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    Littleton Colorado
    [​IMG] Wow! These are great chickens. I have one NN (4 weeks old today) Named Chicken Joe/Josie. Her neck was naked at birth, but she's slowly gotten alot of feathers across the front of her neck now...the only thing naked is the back of her neck! Yours are gorgeous in a naked neck sort of way![​IMG] If i can figure out how to post pics...I'll show you JoJo! She's mixed NN and EE. [​IMG]

5. hiddenmagnolia

hiddenmagnolia Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Looks like a bunch of pullets. Rounded neck and sickle feathers.

6. menkot

Jun 1, 2007
    I hope you are right hiddenmagnolia but I am afraid not. [​IMG] I think the four standing tall in the first picture are all roos. I am pretty positive one of my turkens is a roo also. I think I have 5/8 roos. [​IMG] I asked for all girl eggs.... not sure what happened there. [​IMG]

I have a dumb question though. What kind of combs do turkens have? My suspected roo has a single comb and my suspected pullet has a rose comb. I just thought it was weird that they had two totally different combs???

Oh and I noticed they look older in the picture but they are all only about 7 weeks old. They hatched March 6th-7th.

7. jmhappycowboy

jmhappycowboy The Egg Wrangler

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    Hey menkot, I am afraid you are right it appears that I didn't put enough pullet magic on those eggs I think you have several boys there. As for the Turkens combs 2 of my hens have the flat comb its not really a rose comb just sort of a fat knob, and the other has a straight comb. You can go to the for sale section and look under the Reduction sale post I have and look at the Turken pics the 2 black hens there are 2 of my hens they are the ones with the flat comb the red hen which isn't pictured is the straight comb bird. They have turned out to be some really pretty birds though, You just need some of those big ole pullets that I'm selling to go with your roosters now. LOL Also you can get an idea of what these blue/buff orp crosses will look like when they get a lil bigger as I put several pic of them up there also.

James

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by