1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I am pretty sure I know the boys from the girls..........opinions?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JonesEst1994, May 29, 2016.

1. JonesEst1994

JonesEst1994 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2015
    Pretty sure these 4 are boys

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I think these are girls
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think there is one girl & one boy polish
    [​IMG]

2. littlegreywolf

littlegreywolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Southwest Texas
    I think you're right on all of these. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I think that you have sexed your birds properly.

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

That splash EE boy (or whatever he is) sure will be pretty! And that blue boy with the red hackles and red wing feather leakage is just lovely! I also agree with your assessment!

5. JonesEst1994

Jan 30, 2015
    I agree all the boys are beautiful.........I can only keep one though [​IMG] I think I am going to keep the white EE/blue maran cross........suppose to be an olive egger. I don't think any of the olive eggers turned out to be pullets. I think I ended up w/ 2 blue maran pullets, a polish pullet & a cuckoo maran pullet

6. teach1rusl

I guess I'd keep whichever one seems to be most courteous with the girls, or have they not come into their hormones yet? If you got all of these at the same time, then the odds sure weren't in your favor, weren't they? Good luck with your choice!

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Your sexing is correct [​IMG].

Where are you located? That second bird is pretty nice looking, is he a pure Marans?

8. JonesEst1994

Jan 30, 2015
    Yes got them all at the same time............last year we added 12 and only 2 were boys.........this year I specifically wanted olive eggers & chocolate eggers and bought 9........5 were boys.........ughhh!

9. JonesEst1994

Jan 30, 2015
    We are in central Illinois..........I believe the second one is EE crossed w/ blue maran

10. teach1rusl

Yeah...that's one of the two I thought was really pretty - he's going to be a handsome rooster!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by