I am proud to announce...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by newchickgal, Jan 14, 2011.

1. newchickgal

newchickgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2009
    Republic of Panama
    I finally got my chicks! We now have 6 little balls of yellow fluff. Got them at the feed store yesterday and they made it through their first night in their new home. We are building our own house and wanted to wait until we were pretty much done before we got the chicks, hence the long long wait. Where we live, Panama, we found out that leghorns are not available here. [​IMG] So we got the egg layers that are available. We don't know yet how close to leghorns they will be.

2. Maxie1101

Maxie1101 Out Of The Brooder

Congratulations on your new chicks!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] And congratulations on getting close to finishing your house!!

3. newchickgal

Nov 17, 2009
    Republic of Panama
    [​IMG]

Their new home

4. newchickgal

Nov 17, 2009
    Republic of Panama
    Thanks Maxie. I just about pulled up a chair to sit and watch them all evening! No matter what kind of baby it is, they all make ya say 'ohhhhhhhhhhh' [​IMG]

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

6. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    Yep, that cute factor will get you every time! I am wanting to get some silver laced wyandottes in the spring and I can't wait to have some cutie fluffy butts again. Oh and [​IMG] from middle TN.

7. Hottchick

Hottchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    They look like they'll be red when they're grown. But of course I know very little.

Congrats! I'm waiting for eggs to ship today. Even though I won't be able to keep them all if I have a good hatch, I'm excited to see babies!

8. newchickgal

Nov 17, 2009
    Republic of Panama
    Quote:You know as much as I do! But you can be sure I'll be keeping an eye on their development, many times a day.

9. buildingmyark

buildingmyark Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Louisiana
    Precious!

10. WhySayWhat

WhySayWhat Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Spokane
    Congrats! Soooo cute!

And I have to add, I'm so jealous! My feed store won't have any until mid-March!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by