I am ready for the superwormer - Ivermectin Sheep Drench drops? Help?

sashanellie

Songster
8 Years
Apr 19, 2015
Hi, So, I have tried to read through all the threads, but there are so many posts that don't exactly answer my question. Maybe one of you can help?

I was told that I could use the Ivermectin sheep drench at Agway, to put drops on the girls. They are full sized hens and 2 guinea hens.
My questions are...how many drops?
Do they get mixed with water first?
How long do I have to toss the eggs with this approach?

thanks SO much because the guineas and 2 hens have stopped laying completely. I see the flakes of white in the poop, and little feathers everywhere. They are happy and active otherwise.

thanks,!

Hi, So, I have tried to read through all the threads, but there are so many posts that don't exactly answer my question. Maybe one of you can help?

I was told that I could use the Ivermectin sheep drench at Agway, to put drops on the girls. They are full sized hens and 2 guinea hens.
My questions are...how many drops?
Do they get mixed with water first?
How long do I have to toss the eggs with this approach?

thanks SO much because the guineas and 2 hens have stopped laying completely. I see the flakes of white in the poop, and little feathers everywhere. They are happy and active otherwise.

thanks,!
Ivermectin isn't a very good poultry wormer, but if you have your heart set on using it, tell us, does it look like this:

-Kathy

It looks like the second one at the local feed store, but if that is the wrong thing I could order what I should be getting. But I did not want to give orally - I wanted to try what others have suggested with the drops on the back of the neck on the skin. Has anyone done this? I had heard this handles internal and external parasites effectively.
thanks
sasha

I was also told it is called Ivermec, without the "tin"? Anyone familiar with this?
You are all so helpful, thank you.

Last edited:
With the 0.5% pour on this is how much per pound (cc = ml)

This is the whole one ml (cc) syringe:

-Kathy

Last edited:
Hi, You seem pretty knowledgeable, and you said this is not the best choice. I am not determined, I just was really hoping for something that would WORK, without repeated treatments or several day treatments, or in the water (they are free roaming) and also, the fastest egg use again.

If you have another best suggestion, I will gladly try it. I just want them to lay eggs again!
thanks so much for your time,
sasha

Hi, You seem pretty knowledgeable, and you said this is not the best choice. I am not determined, I just was really hoping for something that would WORK, without repeated treatments or several day treatments, or in the water (they are free roaming) and also, the fastest egg use again.

If you have another best suggestion, I will gladly try it. I just want them to lay eggs again!
thanks so much for your time,
sasha
Dawg53 is the one that educated me about ivermectin, and since my "education", I have seen many posts from people that have lost their birds thinking that it was effective wormer.. How many birds do you have?

-Kathy

So, it's 3 hens and 2 guinea hens. 1 hen is laying every day and is well. The others seemed to go through a molt and all have not layed in weeks. The youngest hen has mucky bottom, and I noticed the runny poop and the flecks of white in the poop, so I thought maybe worms?

Back
Top Bottom