I am really sad right now):

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bobwhitelover, Aug 18, 2011.

1. bobwhitelover

bobwhitelover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    SOmerset
    Hi all,
    So i gave a friend of mine a bunny so start off her rabbit herd. Her aunt and uncle live next door and they have 1 female pittbull mix and then 2 of the females pups that are way older now. And my friend has about 4 rabbits they are in her grauge. The puppies tipped over the cage with the baby in it and mauled her to death [​IMG] And a couple days before that they mauled a kitten that belonged to the owners of the puppies the mom had kittens so its not like they sepcialty got it. The mom of the puppies has bitten kids and sent them to the hospital. I cannot agree with them keeping their dogs! Who else 2nds that?! I am heart broken because the baby that i gave to my friend was my favorite of the litter and it got mauled by dogs [​IMG]

2. 1MrsMagoo

1MrsMagoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    St Tammany Parish LA
    [​IMG] Very sorry to hear about the bunny. It is difficult when things like this happen. It is too bad the dog's owners aren't being responsible and keeping their dog under control.

Sadly, I don't think I would give, sell, or trade any more animals to this friend. I pre-screen everyone I sell even so much as hatching eggs to for this very reason.

Hope you feel better soon!

3. bobwhitelover

Apr 18, 2011
    SOmerset
    I am not giving anything more until those dogs are gone.

4. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Awww I'm sorry that happened! [​IMG]

5. bobwhitelover

Apr 18, 2011
    SOmerset
    <3ChickenForever :

[​IMG] [​IMG] Awww I'm sorry that happened! [​IMG]

Thanks for the support after my friend called to tell me i sobbed my eyes out [​IMG] I never got that close to a baby bunny​

6. <3ChickenForever

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Quote:Thanks for the support after my friend called to tell me i sobbed my eyes out [​IMG] I never got that close to a baby bunny

[​IMG] I know how you feel with animals dying. I hope that dog will be gone forever outta your sight at leastt.

7. bobwhitelover

Apr 18, 2011
    SOmerset
    <3ChickenForever :

Quote:Thanks for the support after my friend called to tell me i sobbed my eyes out [​IMG] I never got that close to a baby bunny

[​IMG] I know how you feel with animals dying. I hope that dog will be gone forever outta your sight at leastt.​

Yeah me too. They probably won't do anything about the dog though [​IMG] The 2 puppies have already killed a kitten and their mom has attaked some kids and sent them to hospitals!

8. <3ChickenForever

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Quote:[​IMG] I know how you feel with animals dying. I hope that dog will be gone forever outta your sight at leastt.

Yeah me too. They probably won't do anything about the dog though [​IMG] The 2 puppies have already killed a kitten and their mom has attaked some kids and sent them to hospitals!

Why don't that just get rid of the thing!>?

9. bobwhitelover

Apr 18, 2011
    SOmerset
    <3ChickenForever :

Quote:Yeah me too. They probably won't do anything about the dog though [​IMG] The 2 puppies have already killed a kitten and their mom has attaked some kids and sent them to hospitals!

Why don't that just get rid of the thing!>?​

Idk?! Its not my friends dog its her aunts dogs

10. greeneggsandham

greeneggsandham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Putnam,CT
    Quote:[​IMG] I know how you feel with animals dying. I hope that dog will be gone forever outta your sight at leastt.

I'm sorry for the loss of the bunny. [​IMG]

How did the owner not get in trouble for the dog biting someone? In most states dogs that attack and do harm to a human are usually put down.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by