I am really worried about my baby, she is very lethargic and sleepy and won’t eat. I am worried I will lose her if I don’t do something.

4Dobermans

Songster
May 24, 2020
Prescott,Az
I just got some more baby chicks since I had gotten 2 geese and one polish chick. I got 2 silkies, a drizzle with furry feet, a buff Brahma bantam, and a sapphire gem. One of the silkies is drinking but I haven’t seen her eat and she is very tired and sleepy and stumbles. She has black dots on her head and this chipmunk like pattern on it’s back, her names widow. I am really worried about her but she is pooping that white stuff and she is drinking water. Can someone help me? She is really lethargic and sleepy and won’t eat but did drink some water.

I just got some more baby chicks since I had gotten 2 geese and one polish chick. I got 2 silkies, a drizzle with furry feet, a buff Brahma bantam, and a sapphire gem. One of the silkies is drinking but I haven’t seen her eat and she is very tired and sleepy and stumbles. She has black dots on her head and this chipmunk like pattern on it’s back, her names widow. I am really worried about her but she is pooping that white stuff and she is drinking water. Can someone help me? She is really lethargic and sleepy and won’t eat but did drink some water.
I am really panicking and don’t want to lose her. Is it normally for some of them to sleep al day and be really lethargic. I have had others but they have never acted like this. She doesn’t have poppy butt already checked. Plus she pooped white stuff earlier and drank water when I put her in the bowl, she is just really really sleepy and lethargic and won’t eat

I am really panicking and don’t want to lose her. Is it normally for some of them to sleep al day and be really lethargic. I have had others but they have never acted like this. She doesn’t have poppy butt already checked. Plus she pooped white stuff earlier and drank water when I put her in the bowl, she is just really really sleepy and lethargic and won’t eat
It’s not like she is totally out of it she will open her eyes some or move a little. I just am worried about her not eating

How long have you had her with you? How old is she? I’ve experienced an “adjustment phase” with brand new babies but only a day or two. Do you have nutridench or chick electrolytes? What’s your brooder set up like?
I just got her today. She isn’t older than about 3 days if even that. I got some chick electrolytes for a gallon water and gave some to her in a dropper. Like all other years she is in a metal tub with a red light clipped on the side, there is a cold,warm, and mild area.

I just got her today. She isn’t older than about 3 days if even that. I got some chick electrolytes for a gallon water and gave some to her in a dropper. Like all other years she is in a metal tub with a red light clipped on the side, there is a cold,warm, and mild area.
How warm is the warmest spot? I would recommend nutridench for sure. I’ve heard you can feed a little egg yolk to help in these cases too.

How warm is the warmest spot? I would recommend nutridench for sure. I’ve heard you can feed a little egg yolk to help in these cases too.
I tried to get the stuff I have always gotten for my chicks but they were out at tractor supply. I did get her to drink a little egg yolk, like just barely but she did at least a tiny bit. She stays pretty much quiet but if you were shipped in a box, moved to a room, and had a car ride, then to a different room with chicks that you don’t know. Wouldn’t you be a little stressed and just want to sleep. I don’t know how hot it is in there but everyone isn’t like on just one side or another they kinda just roam around.

I tried to get the stuff I have always gotten for my chicks but they were out at tractor supply. I did get her to drink a little egg yolk, like just barely but she did at least a tiny bit. She stays pretty much quiet but if you were shipped in a box, moved to a room, and had a car ride, then to a different room with chicks that you don’t know. Wouldn’t you be a little stressed and just want to sleep. I don’t know how hot it is in there but everyone isn’t like on just one side or another they kinda just roam around.
That’s good. It’s likely she just needs some recovery time. Obviously keep an eye on her if behavior changes and try to get some nutridench to know she’s getting sustenance if she’s not eating. I’ve had this happen a couple of times and have never lost a chick, but I know it’s very scary in the moment. You mentioned her poop is white, does it look abnormal?

Back
Top Bottom