I am so blessed to have any birds this morning!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Quail_Antwerp, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    When we went out to feed the chickens this morning I found the coop door open to the BO and SS pen. I was so upset! I thought for sure someone had come in and stole some birds!

Then I realized that we'd had an issue last night with a BLRW flying into the run and I had gone in to get her out..........in my rush to snag her and put her where she belongs, I forgot to latch the door!

So I was mad at myself for a moment, but relieved when I did a head count and everyone was there!

2. ChickenTender63

ChickenTender63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Alamance, NC
    Very lucky indeed! Glad it worked out for you this time, just don't do it again! lol

3. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    yea no kidding! I was so mad at myself! normally I double check all coop doors to make sure they are shut and locked.

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    wow, what a blessing indeed! i have done stuff like that too.

one of those things. i left a chicken out in the run the other night and didn't even realize.

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Oh thank the Gods! I know a few times, I've not checked to see if the door is locked and have gotten up in the middle of the night to see if Obelisk is okay.

6. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:I've done that, too, got up in the middle of the night and ran out barefoot and in my nightgown only armed with a flashlight when I heard a ruckus....coyotes were out too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by