I Am So Bummed My Son Deployed Again

Sugar Sand Farm

Songster
12 Years
Apr 24, 2007
North Florida
Well he finally got the call and left on Halloween. At least this time he missed my birthday. The last time he deployed it was on Mother's Day. Please keep the 1-64 Armor in your prayers. Micki

hugs.gif

You'll be strong for him because you're his mom and you have to be. I hope you feel the support of all your friends on this forum: prayers, good thoughts, uplifting you and your son and family. May he and his company stay safe and do much good. ~G

I will keep him in my prayers as I do all of our soldiers. I felt just awful when my baby brother ended up going over there 3 times, (he kept volunteering
smack.gif
). He came back safe each time and I have a very close friend who just recently deployed (July) left a wife and 2 small boys for a year... I wish that I could say something that would comfort you but I'll just send this
hugs.gif

Thanks I did need some support. They are headed back to Iraq. I guess I should be thankful that they aren't heading for Afghastan. We did go up to base and get to spend alittle time with him and some of his friends. Its very hard when its your child but I really feel for the young mothers with babies, I don't know how they stay strong.

I will keep him in my prayers.I have a prayer chain for all our service men and women,What his name? My big brother got home in October for his wifes heart surgery and will leave again for Afganistan in January.The nice thing is the computer and web cams,it really helps with staying in touch.I was mailing packages every week for him and his unit,they all loved the goodies.The especially wanted coffee and said it was horrible over there.I save all my empty coffee cans and wash them out and use them for sending cookies,they arrive in 1 piece that way.They all love cans or pouches of tuna,salmon,nuts and healthy things they can eat w/out preparation.Trader joes has those fruit bars and they arent exspensive,they loved those as well.So anyone out there that loves to bake,remember our loved ones over there.They all appreciate whatever we send them. Sending hugs and prayers to you too. xxxxxxxx

Back
Top Bottom