I am so disappointed

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Cackel, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Cackel

Cackel Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    I have 33 RIR eggs that I got on ebay in one of my incubators ,that was suppose to hatch on Saturday Dec.13 th . Sunday one pepped and died , Monday one hatched and lived , now there is nothing going on .31 eggs and nothing . Today is the 24th day so do I trash them all tomorrow?

2. winekntrychicks

winekntrychicks Pooper Peeper

Jul 26, 2008
    Sebastopol, CA
    I'm sorry. I know how excited I was for my first egg to be laid. But waiting for 33 to hatch. Shear torcher. I'm sorry [​IMG]

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Wow - that is quite a let-down. Did you candle them at any point? Can you candle them now and see if any are moving or have pipped into the air cell?

4. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    i would give them some time!! ive heard of many people saying theres hatched a good bit later than yours and one person even opened the egg up and it was still alive and then ended up dying because she opened it even tho it would have been fine....anywho it could be something as simple as the temp was too low so its taking longer

5. Bluedog420

Bluedog420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Cartersville, Ky
    Big stock chick's sometime's take a couple extra day's 2 hatch...[​IMG]

6. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    awww, that stinks [​IMG] [​IMG]

Wait till at least 25 then candle to see if they are duds or if there is any signs of life in there !!

7. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    I'm sorry to hear that. It feels horrible when its a poor hatch. [​IMG]

8. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    Know how you feel..I bought 8 turkey eggs pricey price for them 2 broke in shipment and 4 infertile so got 2 hatching out of the eight with lots of movement. [​IMG]

9. Cackel

Cackel Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2008
    If I candler now at this late date can I see them moveing in the egg ? and what else can I use as a candler ,my blub went out in mine and I can't find a new one yet .

10. kryptoniteqhs

kryptoniteqhs Rosecomb Rich

Nov 14, 2008
    Perris, CA
    ok...i dont know much about candleing.....REALLY need to get one myself as my flashlight isnt working haha....anywho where do you get them? sorry sidetracked for a minute there...even tho im not a candleing expert...i would leave the eggs and not throw any out just yet...what has your temp and humidity been set at??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by