I am so excited!!!!! I won peafowl eggs!!!!!!! Now what?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Harley's girl, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

OMGoodnes!!!!!! I won 4 peafowl eggs!!!! [​IMG] But now I am not sure on incubating, I figure I better ask before thy get here LOL [​IMG] I am so incredibly excited [​IMG] I have wanted peafowl ever since I was a little girl!!!!! [​IMG] Now I am going to get 4+ eggs!!!! Oh goodness you simply must pray for my little eggs; that they would hatch into beautiful birds!!!!!! [​IMG] I can not wait to get them!!! [​IMG] So any help you have on them I would greatly appreciate!!! Thanks [​IMG]

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    beautiful birds and noisy too. I hope you live out in the country.

3. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG] Congrats!

4. QueenieBee

QueenieBee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    Congratulations! [​IMG]

5. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Awesome! I will watch this post carefully as I want to know how the peafowl grow and what specifics they need! Exciting stuff!

6. Harley's girl

I do live in the country, and I have ringneck pheasants. [​IMG] They have no perception of time. 3 a.m. midnight, noon, they don't care! They make this horrid noise and then flap their wings really hard! I told DH he has his pheasants and I will have my peafowl! [​IMG] I am so excited!

7. warcard

warcard Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    SE Indiana
    Hatch should be about 28-30 days, temp at 99.4-5, don't know humidity, but we hatch turkey, peafowl, guinea, pheasant and chickens all in one GQF Sportsman Incubator so I assume whatever works for the others are good for the peafowl. They say stop turning about 5 days before hatch date, but mine have accidentally turned until pips.

You already have the gamebird feed for the pheasants and that is what you need to feed the peachicks. Mine normally figure out the feed without help, but I do dip their beaks in the water just to be certain. Brooder temps just like other birds.

My husband knows a gentleman you can send feathers to and he will sex the bird for $1, I will ask and post the information later.

Also try:
    www.peafowl.org
    for more information

Good Luck! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Harley's girl

Quote:Thanks! How do you like having peafowl? I know that they are noisy! And big! But other than that I don' t know much about them. Are they friendly? My pheasants are nice.....well, most of the cockbirds and all the hens. They are noisy and flighty! Do you clip their wings?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by