1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I am so far gone it is pathetic!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MissPrissy, Feb 19, 2008.

1. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I bought an old incubator off of ebay yesterday. I really did.

Last night I had a dream about it.

TuffOldHen came over and helped me make sure it was set up proper and brought me 6 black/blue orp eggs.
    SpeckledHen came over and made sure the temps were spot on and then she gave me 2 eggs to put in it.
    Then SCLanimals came over gave just 1 egg out her bator so I would have something to put in mine.
    Then Jared44M stopped by and gave me 2 speckled sussex eggs so I could figure out to make a jubilee orpington.
    Then BamaChicken came by and gave me 1 mottled orp egg because it was all she could spare right now.
    Then ScrambledEgg came and gave me 3 barred rock eggs and asked if she couldeat supper at my house.
    The TerrieLacy brought me 3 duck eggs because everybody needs some ducks.
    Then Nifty-Chicken came over because he heard it was a BYC meet up over my house.

Then there was all these people milling around drinking coffee and baskets started filling up eggs to put in the new incubator.

PC had a purple chicken on a leash. Marlin had buckeyes sitting on a nest in my livingroom!

I didn't get to talk to everyone because the alarm went off for my husband to go to work and I woke up.

This is a sickness people. Run now or the chickens (and the eggs) will assimilate you as well.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

[​IMG] That is too funny MissPrissy. I am sitting here unwinding from my 3am cow check and dreading going to bed only to wake up at 5:30 for my 6am cow check and I stumble on this! It was all I could do not to laugh myself out of this chair when I read this! We're here to support you with your addiction, MissPrissy, not to help you quit! [​IMG] Never forget that!

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am too intently seeking specific eggs I think. LOL

4. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Then ScrambledEgg came and gave me 3 barred rock eggs and asked if she couldeat supper at my house.

I just love you to pieces!!! You are too much!!! We have to EAT those Barred Rock eggs for our supper or they would be incubating forever and waiting for a miracle hatch with no rooster, LOL! Hey, and next time I'm in your dream, have me accepting a million dollar check...then I'll come to supper at your house and bring presents, loL!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    LOL. Nice dream ya got there! Mine was about ordering chicks from a hatchery so your not to far gone as of yet. You should have seen how many chickies I ordered!

6. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    [​IMG] too funny. Yep, you are too far gone...no hope now...

[​IMG]

7. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    I am crushed I was not there. [​IMG]

8. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] cracked me up this morning miss prissy..........want I want to know is this....... did Jareds44 bring a cake? [​IMG]

9. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    What ever it is you have must be some kind of contagous.
    One would think that after handling and raising as many chicks as I have in my life that an old coot would not be excited about some new peeps. Wrong!
    I went to bed at 10 and woke up at 2 thinking about my order that is due today or tomorrow.
    Went online to BYC. Nothing going on there. Back in bed at 3. Can't sleep. Up at 5 with cell phone in hand hoping post office will call any minute.
    Now even having thoughts about purchasing a bator and.......... blue orps, BLRW, etc Lawd help me!
    Prissy: I was starting to worry about you but now I am getting real worried about myself.

Is there no cure for this stuff? Somebody please help us all.

10. mergmet

mergmet Chillin' With My Peeps

thats great MissPrissy

my dreams include chicks having trouble hatching, I have gotten up to check on them then realized none were even due to hatch!

I can think of worse things to dream about.

did these folks look like themselves or their avatars in your dream!!!

Margaret

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by