I am so FED UP!**They are rehoming dog - Post #35 **

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goat_Walker, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I hate the neighbors dogs. HATE THEM!!

My family was sittingin the living room watching a movie when we head weird noises from the front door. I open it to see the neighbors dog - Yes, the same one that killed my other ducks a month and two days ago - WITH MY DUCKLING IN ITS MOUTH! not only that but there were three other ducklings running around on the front porch trying to escape her.

I ran out the door and chased her off. I know for a fact that if I had gotten to her ( for she stopped and wagged her tail at me and started towards me ) instead of listening to my dad calling me back I would have gotten that dog on the ground and broken her neck. Bye bye doggie.

anmd once again the ditch is flooded and its dreary outside and raining. Their were eight in the pen with the adults, I had to run around the neighborhood and found five, two were dead in the neighbors yard, and Im missing one.

I am so freakin... blank. I cant even be mad because i am so furious. My dad cant say ANYTHING NOW! He cant use his excuse "the ducks were out" " our ducks were on their property "

BECAUSE THE DOG WAS ON OUR FRONT PORCH! I swear, if he tries to defend the dogs and say it was my fault or the ducks fault - as if they are just rocks and dont have heart6s _ Im going to do something drastic. I dont know what yet but I wont be able to handle it if he turns his back on me like that.

They Killed the only cayuga cross I got out of that hatch and one of the magpie crosses. I have since moved all the ducklings ( I say ducklings but these guys are a 6 weks old) bak into the corral in the backyard.

I have someone comming to look at them today so hopefully I can get a few rehomed.

Im just so.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  2. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    I am so sorry. You are having a horrible, horrible winter. I hope it gets so much better. I haate that dog too and I usually like dogs. We had friends come over with a dalmation who my ducks loved and wanted to eat (we kept them in the run so they couldn't) but then we had friends over with a westie and it went for the ducks who panicked and almost hurt themselves trying to fly through the chicken wire of their run. I've never seen them so terrified. I grabbed their ratty dog by its neck and threw it inside. Think I hurt their feelings because I didn't coo over their dog at all. It also went for the nice doggy at our local.
    I read all of your sad posts recently and I'm so thinking of you and your little babies. I'm attempting to send lots of hugs and strength across the pond to you. You understand we all so sad for you. I've been looking into electric wire fencing to keep the fox away from my babies. Maybe you could get a hold of some? It'd be good to zap that dog.
    xxxxxxxx

3. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Im sorry that is just awful! i really hope ur dad stands up for you this time

4. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    not again [​IMG] hope your dad will stand up for you this time, i am sorry i know what that feels like

5. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    That is terrible, I would be having some stern words with my neighbors. Hopefully your dad will see you eye to eye on this one.

6. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I hope so too. The lady came by and picked up two ducks. SHe wanted a drake and a hen but I think i gave her two hens instead. Its just so early that its hard to tell who is who. they sound like a drake one minute, a hen the next!

talked to the rents and we talked about how we like the neighbors and dont want to get on bad terms with them but enough is enough and we are tired of their dogs killing my ducks.

7. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    you have perfect evidence for a legal report now. Talk to your neighbors showing them the dead animals their dogs caused... tell them if they do not keep their dogs contained, you will pursue legal actions. You've lost far too many to just blow it off. I'd also charge them for the ducks, what you would have sold them as adults.

Take no prisoners this time... Yell and scream and get angry. You are allowed. You have proof their dogs are killing your animals. They have the legal responsibility to keep all people and other animals safe from their dogs.

8. Duck_feeder

Duck_feeder Drowning in feathers!

Oct 22, 2009
    Chicago
    Quote:You might want to remind your parent that if they're good neighbors (albeit irresponsible with their dog), a request to keep their dogs better contained and paying for damages should be more than reasonable to them. If they raise a stink about it, they obviously aren't good neighbors so why bother trying to stay on good terms...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  9. priss

priss Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2009
    Isle of Wight
    I don't want you to get on bad terms with your neighbours but WHY would they, knowing you have ducks, NOT keep their dogs contained? It would be bad under any circumstances but with ducks next door? How could they be so dumb?

10. Goat_Walker

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    The dogs are both labs. And they have shock collars but ovbiously they arernt working.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by