I am SO FREAKED OUT worm thing lobster?!!

GoldenSparrow

Songster
8 Years
Mar 11, 2011
I went into our big dog run cage, where the chicks stay if there not out free ranging. And found
These things in a bowl that we left out with some food for the chickens on the 3rd, today is the 5th. In the bowl we left lobster roe, potatoes, and corn.
I think theses worms may have been white, but if they ate the lobster bits turned pink.
ep.gif

5906764634_25ae2460ef.jpg

5906758444_137768841a.jpg

5906197185_cca7ac9142.jpg

I am so freaked out!!!
hit.gif

What are they, there to small to me maggots. At LEAST half the size.

The lobster part in the bowl was the roe!
I didn’t know it was, until I looked it up to day. I don’t eat lobster, and didn’t think I should give it to the chickens, but everyone said it would be fine.

WHAT are theses WORMS??????
th.gif

I am so creeped out. I don’t know if the chickens ate any ogf the worms.
What should I do.
I put Seven Dust all OVER them.

Will it hurt the chickens if they ate these worms!!!!
I dont know where the worms came from!!!!!
hit.gif

Last edited:
Sorry. I have no idea what those worms are but you're freaking out is cracking me up!!!
gig.gif
I'd probably be doing the same and having that "they are all over me" creepy feeling. ICK!

Last edited:
I agree with Dawg, maggots. I think I'd get them cleaned outta there before the chickens get into them. I don't think feeding sevin to chickens is a great idea.
Good luck
Imp

You gave your chickens fresh food in a dish outside. You left it for two days in the broiling heat. Flies found the food, and laid eggs on it, which hatched into maggots. Your chickens love you for your generosity. The maggots are protein, and won't hurt them in the slightest. Next time, put the leftover food up that evening or at the latest, the next morning.

They are maggots.

They look like maggots, but there seem really really small.
sickbyc.gif

i have never seen so many
hit.gif

so your sure it wont hurt the chickens even if they ate them?

Sorry. I have no idea what those worms are but you're freaking out is cracking me up!!! I'd probably be doing the same and having that "they are all over me" creepy feeling. ICK!

your right, you made me smile, and made me think I sure am freaking out. I should cool off.

Thank you all very much​

Last edited:

dacjohns

They were fine for the chickens until you put Sevin dust on them. Get them where the chickens can't eat them.

ok, thanks all​

they are just the larvae of some sort of fly, and a lot of people actually raise them for their chickens! However, the poison is bad for you and the chickens - much worse than the actual creepie crawlies. Next time you need to kill something like that, hot soapy water will do the trick a lot safer. Or just let your chickens do it for you, since they shouldn't eat the soap!

Back
Top Bottom