I am so heart broken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Grand-hen-ma, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Grand-hen-ma

Grand-hen-ma Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Hudson Florida
    Late last night I discovered the last RIR a BYC friend by the name of Kelly, gave my grandson, dead in her cage. She was smaller than the other girls and never seemed to be able to catch up. She was fine a few hours earlier, chirping and running around with her pen mates. I come out to check on everyone and I find her by the door, dead.

Then I had a very special hen by the name of Lavern. She was such an awesome hen and loved to be held. A few months back she became paralized. I nursed her back to health, but she never acted 100% normal. That didn't matter because she was so special. Then one day her legs and feet weren't paralyzed any longer. Then for the last few days she was going down hill, fast. I knew she was suffering. She coldn't walk any more, couldn't eat or drink and wouldn't hold her head up. Today I decided to end her misery. I had nothing else to use but a gun. It was the hardest thing I had to do and I cried and still tear up as I write this. All I can say for now is she was loved and will be missed.

2. nancypo

nancypo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Boise
    My Coop
    I feel your pain- I lost 2 of my 3 heans within a month. Real sweetie I had raised from day old fluff balls. One died in my arms, the other found in the morning in her coop. Dies in her sleep. They were well loved and very taken care of, things just happen. My 3rd is sick now, so I'm hoping she'll be ok....

3. Tres Amigas

Tres Amigas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    EA WA - 2 chicken yrs.
    I'm sorry. [​IMG]

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Some of those little birds sure know how to peck and scratch their way into our hearts, don't they...

5. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For you both.

6. Grand-hen-ma

Grand-hen-ma Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Hudson Florida
    Thank you all

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by