I am so mad about the eggs I just bought!!!!!!@!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by thepetpaw, May 3, 2009.

1. thepetpaw

thepetpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    Well I finally took the plunge and bought eggs off ebay! I paid 60.00 + 20.00 shipping. I was supposed to get 12+ giant blue cochin frizzles and 12 + blue araucana frizzles............well I got 22 eggs - 6 araucana and 16 cochin and........................out of the 6 aruacana eggs 5 were broken and out of the 16 cochin eggs --- 10 were broken
    so it looks like I paid 60.00 for 7 eggs!

The seller told me that is the chance all us chicken loving people take when we buy eggs!!!!!

She didnt even send any extras in case they broke and adveritsed 12+ eggs for each!!!! I am so mad.

I was so excited to get these eggs....!!!

Dont buy from fancyfeathers on ebay!!!!

2. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

That sucks - sorry it happened. [​IMG]

3. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    [​IMG] That's horrible, you should report her to Ebay, and leave bad feedback. Man I hate dishonest people.

Maybe you could make a report with Paypal too, stating you did not get what the Auction said you would. You may get your money back.

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  4. LoupGarou

LoupGarou Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    Don't be discouraged--not all eBay egg sellers are like that. I've had some very good results! However, if you paid by PayPal, you might consider disputing the payment to the seller based on the failure to deliver the merchandise (not due to the breaks, but due to your receiving only 22 eggs total. You might also consider making a complaint to eBay, as well as leaving negative feedback. That' about all I can suggest at this moment, unless the seller offers you restitution on his/her own.

5. momof247371

momof247371 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    did u leave negative feedback for them. I most certainly would have! i understand you take that risk but you didnt even get what was listed in the auction to begin with, then all but 7 were broken. it doesnt even sound to me like they care. Leave negative feedback! if they would have tried to make it right, i would be a little more forgiving but they didnt. My step- dad paid 25.00+10.00 shipping for 12 silver seabrite eggs, they sent 24 , but get this.. he only had 2 out of 24 even develope and only 1 hatch!
    PS>
    I sell on ebay sometimes and me myself as a seller would have done a better job of tryin to make it right! they put no effort into it and bad customer service & false advertisement = negative feedback!

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  6. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    [​IMG] I dont blame you for being angry!

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Quote:Honestly...it's not her fault that the eggs were broken and it's not her place to send extra "security" eggs.

Now...as to advertising 12+ eggs for each breed...I would have assumed that 12 eggs would be Cochin and 12 eggs would have been Araucana. THAT would result in negative feedback if I had bought them.

8. Homesteading_Bound

Homesteading_Bound Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Madison,Ohio
    You said her answer to you was " that is the chance all us chicken loving people take when we buy eggs"

They have a responsibility to get those eggs to you wrapped as securely as possible....Granted they may get jostled around so it may affect with fertility...That can't be helped...but broken eggs is her fault....exspeceally...that many...one or two maybe

9. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I have only bought from Ebay once, I paid £60 (=120$ then) plus shipping, out of all the eggs I bought 6 hatched, the rest where infertile. I contacted the sellers, they where not interested, nor offered any replacement eggs..... I learnt my lesson, have never purchased since, nor will I ever again......

Sorry you had this happen.... but do contact Ebay and place a complaint....wish I had..........

10. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    WOW! What kind of eggs were those??? post pics of the babies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by