I Am So Mad I Could Scream

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sugar Sand Farm, May 23, 2010.

1. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    just got home a few minutes ago from an auction that we go to regularly. Pull into the jfront yard and what do I see but DH's cows in my garden. They kncoked down a 4 foot high wire fence to get into the garden. Seems the grandkids didnt put them out to pasture after feeding them. Its gone all gone my corn,stringbeans, peas,beans,cucumbers,lettuce almost everything. I took after them with a rake and DH says he doesnt care about my garden hes just made the kids didnt do their job. Of course he doesnt care about the garden he hasnt broken his back for the last 2 months taking care of it. now its gone No canning for me this year.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Goodness, I'd probably be fixing some round roast about now.

Maybe THEN he'd understand.

3. dntd

dntd Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2009
    Some people just don't get it,my DH had no idea why I was peeved my son ruined 2 raised beds. Maybe it's not too late to plant again, my planting season just started.

4. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Oh honey.... if you were closer i'd have you come pick outta mine. I'm guessing it's too hot there to start new. Deep breath, I'd make the kids clean the mess, and show up for fall planting in a few weeks when it's cool enough for the brassicas, they can do the work for the next one.

5. Swampwood

Swampwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Krotz Springs, LA
    LOL.. It's be hard to control myself in that situation.. It would call for me to destroy something he loved and labored at.. then shrug and say, I don't care. But, I'm a mean and bitter ass at times.[​IMG]

6. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Ugh, that sucks and you DHs attitude doesn't make it better. Perhaps you could replant some things, just so you don't have nothing at all, like maybe some beans and a few tomatoes?

7. JetBlack

JetBlack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    The grand kids should be spending their weekend replanting. I haven't planted anything yet, because it is still freezing every other night, here.

It's not too late, dear!

I know it's a setback but it just means your harvest will be later. Annnnnnd guess who is going to be doing it all for you, every weekend, for the next few weeks? [hint: their name starts with the initials "grand kids" DH might want to lend a hand. That punk really gets around. He seems to be everyone's nemesis.]

8. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    so sorry to hear about your garden. maybe you can plant some things like lettuce tomatoes it might be a late start but some is better then nothing. I go a late start here and instead of planting plants I went with seeds. due to the fact I did not want hybrid plants so I just planted the seeds outside maybe you could find some plants already started. and try I am so glad that my DH understand how important my garden and chickens are to me. but I understand and support his hobby maybe asking DH if something happened to his "hobby" how would he feel I would make the kids clean up the mess and help you replant what you can. I hope you can get some kind of vegetables this year good luck.

9. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Sorry to hear that.

I haven't even tried to get anything in the ground yet been pretty cold up here too.

10. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    Ugh so sorry about that [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by