I AM SO MAD!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickabator, Feb 19, 2009.

1. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    my order from ideal came this morning they were suppose to ship monday they shipped them sunday and all 30 of my chicks are DEAD!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]:hit I am so upset right now. they even emailed me wanting me to give them another chance so I did and this is what happens [​IMG]

2. CBee

CBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Asheville, NC
    Oh my, I'm SO sorry! [​IMG] I know it's very upsetting...all you can do is give 'em another chance though. What do you think killed them? Do you think it was cold weather or the early shipping? Maybe you can get them to try again in a month or too.

I'm really sorry about that...I know how everyone looks forward to their little babies. [​IMG]

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Oh my gosh! :-( I'm so sorry! I thought they normally only shipped on Wednesdays. They picked a BAD week to ship on a Sunday (with the postal holiday).

4. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] =[​IMG]

5. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    they starved to death!!!! they were in shipment for almost 5 days!!!

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I had a very similar experience with cornish cross back in the fall. The hatchery shipped on wednesday. The PO help the box on a shipping dock Saturday, Sunday and monday delivered a box of dead chicks. I was livid. It was the PO's fault 100%.

7. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    oh my goodness. I am so sorry. [​IMG] Those poor babies.

8. emmalynn

emmalynn Silkies Sebbies OEGBs

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    I feel your pain. The first time I ordered, I ordered from Meyer, the chicks went to our PO, then they put them on the loading dock because they peeped so loud. Later the big truck came and picked them back up by mistake. They were routed another 100 miles as the truck went from PO to PO picking up mail. Mind you the truck was HOT!!! <<It was May in the SOUTH>> Then they were on a dock an hour from our house at the airport they originally came thru. I had a fit in the PO and refused to leave the office (they were trying to close at the time). I had taken off from work to come and get them and had at this point driven 2 hours trying to get the truck to stop. I made the PO adminstrator go in her car (gas was approx $4/gallon at this time- I drive a minivan), give me her home and cell numbers which I checked in front of her and made her swear to go get them and bring them to my house. She did all of this, the chicks survived (lost only 2) and the PO lives in fear of me at this point.

9. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

That is just so sad. These hatcheries know there is no postal services on Sunday, what do they have in the shipping/hatching department, grade schoolers!?!?!
    I haven't hatched eggs in ages and I can schedule a hatch to work around my schedule.
    So sorry to hear of all of your heart aches with the loss of birds. So sorry.

10. the_eagle69

the_eagle69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Far SW VA
    i used a diff hatchey over the weekend almost the same results which helps my theroy something went wrong in the shiping end. My theroy right now is that with the cut backs going on everywhere some of the hubs (that normaly dont do so) may have shout down for the holiday with out warning. This has truned out to be a very bad week to ship in my thinking its not limited to one hatchery or one area of the US it seams to be all over. there has been a lot of post and i have had a lot of calls most with the same results. i belive i think to mutch. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by