I am so proud....

BethieofVA

Songster
9 Years
Mar 27, 2010
Yorktown, Virginia
my seven week olds just put themselves in their coop all by themselves for the very first time. They have been out there permanently not quite a week. I just had to shut the door. I hope they keep this up!

ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
celebrate.gif

Silly, isn't it? LOL!! I was thrilled. Also, when they went to bed, they were snuggled together in one of the nesting boxes. When I open the door, all but one were roosting. Wow, my girls are getting the hang of it.
tongue.png
D.gif

Wow....that's great! Mine are all still in the brooder.They have probably another week and a half before they can go out.We put up a "playpen"outside but the weather has been so crappy they've been stuck in.Poor Chicks
sad.png

Quote:
I had mine in the house till they were four weeks, then out in a cage in the garage till six and THEN I had enough.
smile.png
They have done positively fantastic outside. The run is mostly covered and we have had some storms and they love the wet ground to peck in. It has gotten down to the high 40's some nights and they seem to do just fine. They really seem to grow and thrive when giving the space. Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom